Chapter 14

Victoria

I've been thinking a lot lately, a lot goes through my mind. The ball was 4 Days ago. Since then, I feel like a lot have changed but it actually didn't. I feel weird, like something feels off. I don't even know how to explain it. My brain randomly decided not to explain things anymore.

Right now I was sitting in my room, laying on my bed with my headphones on, listening to music. I was lost deep in thought, like always. When I'm listening to music it's just an opportunity to sort some thoughts out. Weird? Yeah. A lot of people listen to music to just get away from the thoughts and the world. I don't even know what's the problem with me.

My door flew wide open. I sat up quickly looking at Dario, trying to catch his breath while trying to also say something. "Dude, the fuck?" I say as I look at him closing the door behind him. He walks over to me and lays down on the bed. He puts his hand on his chest as he sighs, he seems calmer now.

I continue looking at him with a puzzled expression. He finally decided to speak up. "We have to go racing tonight!" he says still out of breath. I ignore what he said "What happend to you?" I ask this time sounding worried. He chuckles "I just got here the second I heard about it" He claimed.

"Heard what?" I ask as I still can't figure out what he's talking about. He turns to me now with a shocked face but then laughs "Oh yeah, you don't know about it. That's why I came." he says. God how stupid. "Get to the point idiot!" I demand in a higher tone of voice.

"Well, tonight more than 400 racers go to race. It's a big event, we have to go!" He finally announces! My jaw drops, my heart race, I feel excited, scared, nervous, my heart can also pop out of my chest, I try to process what he said. "Really?" I ask with a slight smile. He smiles widely and nods.

"Oh my- We should definitely go!" I remain excited. Both of us scream like girls and celebrate like kids, when they get their birthday presents. We hug each other tight and I swing us from side to side. "I'm so excited!" he says as he gives me a squeeze. "Me too!!" I squeal. We laugh and let go of each other. I pull away and look at him in the eyes, we're still close to each other. Very close.

We hold eye contact, my and his eyes goes from our eyes to our lips. He comes even closer, he puts his hand on my cheek as he leaned in and, kissed me. I was so suprised at first, but, I kissed him as well. The kiss was gentle, the air got thick. That kiss lasted for at least a minute. I pulled away and looked at him, still shocked.

He also looks shocked. That's when I finally realized what the fuck happend. I move away from his slowly and look away. He gets up from the bed and stands still. He was trying to say something but he really couldn't. He finally managed to get out a sentence "I have to go. I'll call you later" and with that he got out of my room.

I didn't turn to look at him once, I was frozen in place. Yet still trying to process all of this. I put my hand over my mouth. I sigh and walk back to my bed. I lay down, looking at the ceiling. I still don't know how to react or feel about this.

My mind right now is just cursing my existence, my heart for once is silent. I start breathing heavily. I felt a pain on my chest, I winced and shut my eyes hardly. Why did I do this? With my fucking best friend?

✹✹✹

It was almost 9pm by now. I was locked in my room, the only time I went out was to eat. I can't even forgive myself for what I did and happend. All I can think is the moment I shared with Dario. Also, my anxiety increases by every second by the thought of racing. I don't why but I'm very nervous, so many racers will be there. There's no chance I'll win but I'll go anyway, just for fun.

My phone was ringing, I turned around and watched as it rang on my nightstand. I slowly got closer and checked it, Dario. I was hesitant, my hand was shaking. I picked up "Yes?" I said in my now shaky voice, I was sweating like hell. "Oh hey! Get ready, I'll come around to leave in an hour" he said, sounding calm. "Okay, bye" I replied and hang up on him.

I can't be like this forever, get over it Victoria for fuck's sake! I let out a breath and walked over to my wardrobe. I wanted to wear something nice for tonight. But I didn't want to bring much attention to me either, a pretty outfit yet casual.

20mins passed by, I was still looking around in my clothes. Everything I picked at the end I didn't like them. I felt like I didn't have any clothes but in reality I have millions of them. Why is it so hard to pick something.

"I think this will do"

I did my hair a high ponytail

I did my hair a high ponytail. I put on a bit of makeup and wore some accessories as well. I think this outfit will be ideal but still I'm not sure. Oh well, I don't have much time anyway now. I sprayed some perfume on myself and looked myself on the mirror.

"I look good." I said with a smile on my face. This is my type of style, baggy clothes, street style, y2k. I think this is the best style for me, it suits me well. Besides, I don't like all those girly things, like pink or revealing clothes.

I walked out of my room and made my way to the garage. Car or motorcycle? Hard decision, right? I looked around at the cars and the bikes. Fuck this is the hardest decision to make.

"Car, the red one." said a voice, a very very familiar one. I turned around and saw Mia, dressed well up, smiling at me. "You think so?" I asked with an unsure voice. "Definitely!" she replied. I nodded and walked back in the house to grab the keys, she followed behind me. "So, where are you going?" I curiously asked.

"Ain't no way I'm not coming with you" she exclaimed and I chuckled. I got the keys ans we both went to the garage again. "Who told you?" I asked with a now serious face. She smirked and put her hair behind her shoulder. "I heard you and Dario talking about it" she said simply. I didn't expect that answer but I shrugged it off.

We reached my red and black beautiful racing car, a skyline. I smiled like an idiot at the car. "So, are we going?" she asked impatiently. "We have to wait for Dario" I said and she nodded he head.

"Look at this beauty" I said as I runned my hand on the car.

"Smash" she said and both of us laughed. She leaned against the car, I have her a strict look as she look at me with a puzzled face. "Don't you dare scratch it" I warned her. She got off and raised both of her hands on the air. I smiled at her as she did as well.