Chapter 1 | Our First Encounter

Octavia Sylus was a 19 year-old gamer girl who had just gotten accepted into Rising Platealeague University. Only 20,000 students got accepted into this pristine private university per year and the campus was absolutely gigantic. There were perfectly painted white ivy-covered brick walls among the exterior. There were outdoor hallways which connected each part of the campus. The architectural structure was well-thought out and precise on measurements. The brown front door was huge with golden lining trailing all over it to look like thorns. Cherry trees completed the elegance of the scenery and this location was known for it's huge ladybug population. She felt so blessed to be accepted into such a sophisticated institution. Although, due to the school being filled with upper class individuals, she had to make a good first impression. Fortunately, she was raised right in a middle class family who spoiled her by giving her anything she could ever ask for. 

     She decided to get to campus wearing a tight white dress, long black see-through jacket, and a gold necklace which said 'Via' on it. She also wore knee-high black boots.

     "I'm really going to miss you guys," sighed Octavia, gazing at her parents from the backseat. They looked back at her from the gap between the two seats in the front. They always stared at her with genuine, loving eyes.

     "Our daughter is actually going away to college now, this is going to be a huge change which honestly will be difficult for all of us to get used to," smiled her mother. Her mother looked at her father and then back at her. 

     Her father gave her a yellow sticky note which contained a variety of phone numbers listed on it. "Via Bear, if you ever need help with anything and are unable to contact us, I have a few close friends who live around this area who I'm sure would help you out. Their phone numbers are written on that sticky note."

     Her mother rolled her eyes. "She'll be fine, your daughter has grown to become a strong, beautiful woman. If anything happens, I'm sure that she'll be able to fight for herself."

     "I just can't believe my baby girl is now all grown up," chuckled her father, teary-eyed.

     "Well, I guess I'll be going now," smiled Octavia, opening the car door. "I love you, try not to miss me too much, okay?"

     "That's impossible!" exclaimed her mother. 

     "You're always going to be the biggest part of our lives, Via!" exclaimed her father, opening the car door and exiting the vehicle. He motioned towards the trunk of the car and lifted it up. Then, he carried out all of Octavia's bags and luggage and set them down beside her. "Are you sure you don't need help carrying all of these to your dorm?"

     "I'll be fine, dad!" reassured Octavia, running up to her father and giving him a final hug before coming to acceptance of having to begin the next chapter of her life. He hugged her back, and her mom quickly opened the door and sprinted towards them. She leaped in to join the hug as well and people stared at them from the university's staircase. 

     "What? Have you never seen loving parents before?!" exclaimed Octavia's mother. 

     "Mom! You're embarrassing me!" teased Octavia, pulling away from the hug. They all smiled at each other and said a few more final goodbyes until her parents finally got back into their car and drove away. 

     "I thought they were never going to leave you," chuckled a girl with black hair behind her. She had black glasses on as well and a brown beanie. As an outfit she wore a light red flannel, orange shorts, and brown shoes. Underneath her flannel was a white shirt with the outline of a bear on it which said 'Let's work on this city' underneath it. Octavia thought that her attire was interesting even though she most likely would have never worn something that colorful herself. Of course, she kept her opinion to herself because commenting on the outfit of the woman in front of her may come off as rude.