- fifteen -

As the Quidditch match drew nearer, the weather grew worse and worse. Undaunted, the Gryffindor team was training harder than ever under the eye of Madam Hooch. Then, at their final training session before Saturday's match, Oliver Wood have his team some unwelcome news.

"We're not playing Slytherin!" he told them, his eyes ablaze. "Flint's just been to see me. We're playing Hufflepuff instead.'

"What, why?" demanded Harry, his grip tightening around his broomstick. Quinn rolled her eyes a little at her dramatic friend. She loved Quidditch, always had, but Harry's passion was on another level.

"Flint's excuse is that their Seeker's arms still injured," said Wood, grinding his teeth furiously. "But it's obvious why they're doing it. Don't want to play in this weather. Think it'll damage their chances..."

There had been strong winds and heavy rain all day, and as Wood spoke, they heard a distant rumble of thunder.

"There's nothing wrong with Malfoy's arm!" said Harry furiously. "He's faking it!"

"I know that, but we can't prove it," said Wood bitterly, "and we've been practicing all those moves specifically for playing Slytherin. Hufflepuffs style is quite different. They've got a new captain and seeker, Cedric Diggory -"

Angelina and Katie suddenly giggled.

"What?" said Wood.

"He's that tall, sexy one, isn't he?" said Angelina.

"Strong and silent," said Katie, and they started to giggle again.

"He's only silent because he's too thick to string two words together," said Fred impatiently.

"Someone's jealous," Quinn muttered to Fred, earning a swat around the head.

"You shut your mouth," he hissed.

"Rude," Quinn mumbled before speaking up. "Cedrics a decent player. He's been planning tactics against the other houses for weeks."

"How do you know this?" said Harry, looking at his friend bewildered.

"Yes Quinn, Cedrics a few years older than you, isn't he?" Wood pressed.

"He's mates with Nicholas," Quinn said, blushing slightly.

"Course he is," scowled Fred. He hated that his baby sister was dating. Especially a boy he knew very little about. And knowing Hackett was friends with Diggory was no help.

🦋🦋🦋

The day before the match the winds had reached howling point and the rain fell harder than ever. The Slytherin team was looking far too smug, especially Draco.

So, Harry and Quinn decided to do something about it. Harry charmed their green robes a brilliant red, with small embroidered lions running around on them. Quinn then made them glow, and gave the all team brilliant lions manes. It was hilarious. It did, however, make the two troublemakers late for DADA, so they raced through the halls (occasionally trying to trip the other one up).

Quinn skidded to a halt outside the DADA classroom, Harry right behind her. "I won," she grinned.

"Yeah, yeah," Harry muttered, pulling the door open and pushing Quinn inside. "Sorry we're late Professor Lupin. We -"

But it wasn't Professor Lupin who looked up at him from the teacher's desk; it was Snape.

"Why are you here?"

"This lesson began ten minutes ago, Potter, Weasley, so I think we'll make it ten points from Gryffindor. Sit down."

Quinn found a empty seat at the back, but Harry didn't move.