Death In The Family

God, it's been a while, hasn't it? I haven't written anything in so long, but I listened to this song last night and got inspired to write it. Now I am NOT trying to steal this song in any way, shape, or form. I just thought it fit well and it'd be fun, believing Sally wrote it for Jason. Hope you all like it. 🖤🦇❤️

Jason was walking through the hallway of the Cortez when he heard soft piano music coming from Sally's room. He walks closer, investigating. That's coming from Sally's room... what's she doing in there...? He grin softly and as he puts his ear to her door, he hears a soft voice, singing. 🎶Taken what was mine, stolen...
Buried underneath the very promise he made... Standing by the flames... You stoke them...
And wonder why the end
always seems so far away... (Follow and you will see) You can't erase me...
Lost and found, I crawled out of the river...
(Why did you have to go?) Of the river...
(Why did you have to go?)🎶 His eyes widen slightly, listening to Sally's angelic voice and the lyrics. The song... is it... about me...? He keeps his ear to the door, listening to the lyrics. 🎶Sealed tight to the end...
With all my broken bones...
What do you take me for...?
What do you take me for...? I'll never be what you had dreamed,
escape from your "reality"...
Open my eyes, now I can see what lies beneath...
You see
I'm gone and who I was will never be...
Consider it a death in the family... A death in the family...
Consider it a death in the family...🎶 He opens the door, making Sally jolt, surprised, blushing. "J-Jason. Wh-what are you doing here?" Shit, he heard the song... he's going to hate it and think I'm weird... "Hey, Sal... wh-what was that song you were just singing...?" She blushes darker, nervous and biting her lip. "J-Jason, I swear I meant no offense. I-I couldn't help myself. I got inspired and... I-I'll just put this away..." She goes to pick up her keyboardand papers and Jason grabs her wrist, stopping her. "Sally... you don't have to stop playing... could you... play me some more...?" She blushes darker, surprised. "Y-you want me to play more...?" He nods softly and she shyly sits down on the bed and starts playing again, softly singing again. 🎶Air in my lungs through chamber smoke...
I've come undone... I'm the only hope...🎶 Jason sits in front of her, looking at her and listening intently, almost in a trance as she sings. 🎶And yeah, you should fear me...
And yeah, you should run...
I'm tired of dreaming
of what should be done... I'll never be what you had dreamed,
escape from your "reality"...
Open my eyes, now I can see what lies beneath...
You see
I'm gone and who I was will never be...
Consider it a death in the family... A death in the family...
Consider it a death in the family...🎶 He sees a tear fall down her face as she sings the last words of the song. 🎶Standing by the flames... You stoke them...
And wonder why the end
Always seems so far away...🎶 She looks up at him, shyly biting her lip, and she sees him looking at her wirh soft, glassy eyes. "W-well... what do you think...? I understand if you're offended by me turning your story into a song, but... my mind wouldn't stop coming up with lyrics..." She looks down, waiting for him to leave, but she instead feels his arms wrap around her, hugging her tighter than he ever has, burying his face in the crook of her neck, surprising her. "O-oh... Jason...?" "You really wrote that because of me...?" She blushes and wraps her arms around his neck, hugging him just as tight. "Yeah... I really did..." He pulls away, looking at her with soft, tear filled eyes before leaning in, kissing her softly, but passionately. Her eyes widen before melting into the kiss, wrapping her arms tighter around his neck, burying her fingers in his hair. After a short while, he pulls away, catching his breath. "Sal...?" "Yeah, Jay...?" She asks softly as she brushes her fingers through his hair. "Your voice is beautiful..." she grins and chuckles softly. "You really think so...?" He nods softly. "You're the most talented person I've ever met... and the most beautiful thing I've ever seen..." she grins and lays her forehead against his. "You're pretty beautiful yourself, handsome..." he blushes and smiles softly, leaning in to kiss her again, which she glady reciprocates as she turns out her nightstand light.