chapter two.

"𝒊'𝒅 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆

"𝒊'𝒅 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆."

[𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨]

as the days passed, the rhythm of taehyung's life continued in the quiet sanctuary of his studio. the open window invited the gentle breeze that carried the scent of fresh paint and the melodic notes of soft, classical music.

covered in the vibrant hues of his artist endeavours, the artist immersed himself in the final details of a nearly completed masterpiece.

the soft hum of music filled the spacious studio, and the smell of fresh paint and chemicals filled the air. and yet it comforted him; for it made him feel at ease.

it was his element.

kim taehyung was a maestro in the art world, a quiet genius whose strokes spoke louder than words.

his appearance mirrored the chaos around him- his dark hair was messy and disheveled; tied into a barely-there bun with a few loose strands, his bare chest and grey sweatpants both covered with smears of different coloured paints and charcoal.

the studio was his haven; a space where he orchestrated his silent symphonies on canvas.

it had already been a few days since he last went to seokjin's coffee shop, but he just couldn't stop thinking about the pretty boy that served him. jeon jungkook was his name, and the boy was just- he was very...

beautiful.

suddenly hearing his phone ring cut him from his tranquil session, and he frowned at his work, putting the brush down in the pot of murky purple coloured water so he could stand up from the stool, reaching for his discarded phone that lay on a nearby cabinet.

the contact read as 'unknown' and he sighed, before swiping right to answer the call and put it to his ear, letting his gaze roam towards the window. "hello? who's this?"

"hello taehyung-ssi... it's uh, jungkook." the familiar voice made the artist freeze. jungkook? "from the café? i-i got your number from jin hyung... are you busy?"

"jungkook?" taehyung repeated, slowly sitting back at the stool. "i'm just finishing up a commission. is- is everything okay? can i help you with anything?"

there was a silence on the other end and taehyung pulled the phone away to check the call was still active, before putting it back to his ear. "jungkook?"

"i was, uh, i just wanted to know if you'd want to maybe h-hang out?" the slight tremble in the younger man's voice brought a small smile to the older's lips. he could hear jungkook's nerves through the phone. "i don't want to be weird, but... i think you're interesting and i know you're friends with jin hyung too, so i thought that maybe we could be f-friends?"