chapter twenty four.

"𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒊𝒏' 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒔 𝒂𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒊𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕, 𝒆𝒗𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆, 𝒆𝒗𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆

"𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒊𝒏' 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒔 𝒂𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒊𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕, 𝒆𝒗𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆, 𝒆𝒗𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆."

[𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫]

"oh taehyung, honey, you make us so proud!" a woman cried, pulling the artist into her arms. "my son is so awesome! i made namjoon and seokjin come, they should be somewhere around-"

"mother..." taehyung chuckled, gently pulling away to gesture at the timid jungkook beside him as he looked between his parents. "i want you both to meet jungkook. my muse for the final peice."

the woman gasped, cooeing as she pulled jungkook into a hug too, mr kim chuckling before reaching to shake the boy's hand. "it's a pleasure to meet you, jungkook."

"it's nice to meet you, mr kim." jungkook smiled, his cheeks a soft pink as he was embraced by a soft, expensive scent of floral. these people are taehyung's parents... god, he was so nervous. "a-and you, mrs kim."

"such a polite boy." mrs kim pinched jungkook's warm cheeks and cooed. "very cute, too. i hope our tae-ah has been taking care of you?"

"he's very kind." jungkook grinned when the woman let his cheeks go. "it's been surreal working with him."

"ah, quite the flatterer." mrs kim chuckled fondly. "i like you jungkook-ah."

"i did a good job in matchmaking, didn't i?" jin grinned from beside namjoon, his wine in his hand as the two approached. "i can't wait to finally see what tae's been working on."

"yeah, tae." namjoon nodded, patting his younger brother's shoulder. "we're happy to be here."

taehyung thanked them with a smile, looking down at his watch before clearing his throat. "ah... excuse me, it's time for my speech."

jin patted his shoulder in support as he walked away, and jungkook felt jittery, watching the artist's back.

as the artist walked through the guests and onto the platform, the soft golden spotlights bathed taehyung in a warm glow, highlighting the contours of his face and the passion in his eyes, the room seemed to hold its breath in anticipation.

his figure stood tall and confident behind the sleek podium, his posture exuding an air of quiet authority that demanded attention.

the gallery itself was a masterpiece of modern elegance, with tall windows adorned with billowing curtains that allowed the soft glow of twilightj to filter into the room, casting a romantic ambiance over the gathered guests.

the walls were adorned with taehyung's artwork, each piece a testament to his talent and creativity, their colors and textures inviting exploration and contemplation.