Winter Days (The Police)

My best friends were finally home from touring for the majority of the year. I was eager to spend a snow day with them as the holidays are approaching and I want to spend as much time with them as I can before January. They didn't know that I was coming over and I wanted to surprise them.

I put on a cute pink sweater, my light denim jeans and my black boots. I also reached for my scarf, my jacket and my mittens to brace myself for the really cold weather outside. I picked up my purse and my car keys before I could leave.

I arrived to the house and slowly walked up the stairs. I knocked on the door only to reveal Andy.

"Oh my God, hi." He said with arms wide open and gave me a hug. "It's been too long."

"I know." I replied before he let go of our embrace.

"I bet you missed me, your favorite guitarist." He winked.

Oh, how they never fail to make me smile with their relentless flirting. It was the cutest thing to exist. The only answer I had was to smile and shake my head.

"Of course I did." I laughed. "You're the only guitarist that I know."

"Exactly." He emphasized.

"Move along, Andy. She missed me more than you two." Sting said, earning an eye roll from me while he put an arm around my shoulder.

"Hi, Sting." I responded with a smile.

"I don't think so. She knows I'm her favorite." Stewart cut in as Sting moved away from me.

Stewart gently held my arm as he rested his hand on my shoulder.

"Who said you were my favorite, string bean?" I said.

Sting and Andy laugh over the sudden roast which made Stewart move away from me.

"I think it's safe to say that I have missed you all equally." I added.

"You should've joined us. Every city we visited was beautiful." Stewart said to me.

"I could've if I didn't have to work 24/7." I mentioned.

"I recorded some of it with the super 8." He told me. "I'll have to show you some time."

I kept his suggestion in mind, eager to see the film about their worldly adventures.

"Why don't we have a snowball fight?" I suggested.

We put on our coats, mittens and scarves before we could step outside. We carefully stepped in the yard and got into teams of two. Sting and Andy were one team which left me and Stewart as the other. I threw a snowball at Sting and he got me back as I ducked. I giggled after seeing snow stuck in Stewart's hair from a snowball thrown by Andy. The height difference between the three of them never fails to amuse me.

We stopped the snowball fight and moved on to make a snowman. My hands froze from touching the soft, icy texture all over the ground. We used small black rocks to make the mouth and the eyes while Andy went inside to grab a carrot for the nose. I broke a stick in half to make the arms and took off my scarf to wrap around the snowman's neck. Stewart added one of his cigarettes for comedic effect.

"What should we name it?" Sting pondered.

"Roxanne?" Andy suggested.

"Ehh." Sting shrugged, making the so-so signal with his hand.

"Sally?" I spoke.

"Norman?" Stewart suggested at the same time.

"I like Norman." Sting said.

Norman was going to be our snowman's name. It was a great name that we all liked and on what we could agree. I wasn't sure of naming the snowman after a few Police songs although it was a great idea, but it was fun to collaborate and to do something fun together.

"It's getting a little cold. Why don't we go inside and have some hot chocolate?" I suggested.

Sting got a fire going while Andy made some hot chocolate. We also snacked on some cookies to go with our beverages. In the meantime, Stewart showed me some of the footage on his super 8. This was the perfect combo for a winter day.

"I almost forgot. I have something for each of you." I remembered.

I grabbed three presents from my car and gave out each assigned gift. Because we have different Christmas plans, I wanted to give them theirs early. Andy received some new guitar picks, Sting got a new shirt and Stewart some new tube socks. They thanked me for their gifts until Stewart looked like he had a light bulb idea.

"Since you gave us our presents..." He started before he handed me a miniature box.

"You didn't have to." I said, gently grabbing the small box from his hands.

"You've been there for us hell and back, I thought we could return the favor."

I opened it to reveal a beautiful ruby necklace.

"Wow. It's beautiful." I gasped.

"I thought about you when we saw it." He mentioned.

This was the sweetest gift that they have thought of and I couldn't have been happier.

"Do you want to wear it?" He asked.

I nodded and he took the necklace out of the box. I lifted my hair so he could put the silver necklace on my neck. I took the tiny diamond into my hands to admire the beauty of it. I loved my necklace so much that I couldn't complain. I had the best group of friends.

This was so wholesome ngl. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!