Together

5 days had passed.

Letty had taken some time of from the garage to help her mourn.
Dom had other ideas he needed a distraction. He worked in the garage all day.

"Dom, what are you doing in the garage"?
"I'm doing my job Brian".
"How's Letty?"
"She still hasn't gotten over it".
"What about you?"
Dom was silent, he was hurting real bad on the inside but he had to be strong on the outside.
XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXXXxXxXx

Meanwhile, in the house Mia was comforting Letty and trying to get her to eat.
"Letty, you have to eat something".
"I'm not hungry Mia, I already told you".
"You haven't eaten anything since last night".
"I'M NOT HUNGRY!"
"Letty do you think Prius would...
"That's the problem Mia, she's not here anymore!!
Mia sighed.
"Alright, fine, do you think Dom would be happy when he finds out you haven't had anything to eat".

Letty hesitated but slowly picked up the chicken ham sandwich Mia had made and took a bite.

"There I'm done, I ate, leave me alone now".
"Leticia Ortiz you better finish that sandwich".
Mia, enough!, please just leave me alone for now, please."

Mia obeyed and Letty walked to the sofa and plunked herself on the seat.
Just at that moment Dom walked into the house, he looked greasy after a long day in the garage.
"Letty, you good baby?"
Letty just nodded at Dom.
He walked over to Mia.

"She hasn't had anything to eat, just a bite of the sandwich, she can't go on like this Dom".
"Don't worry I'll get her to eat, I'm doing the best I can in helping her in any way possibly can, but thanks for the help Mia". Dom said hugging his little sister.

Dom had gone to take a warm bath. He was thinking of Prius the entire time. The way she would splash around in the water with the widest smile. The memory brought tears to Dom's eyes.
XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Dom walked down the steps shirtless after his bath. He found Letty in the same spot watching some videos of the the short time they had with Prius.
Dom has slowly taken a seat next to Letty watching the videos.
The first video was of Letty holding Prius for the very first time. Letty looked so happy that day. It continued with Dom feeding his daughter for the very first time and their trip to the beach.
Letty cuddled up next to Dom. He pulled her in closer towards him. Letty's face was on his chest.

"Dom how are we ever gonna get through this, doesn't it kill you that we'll never be able to see her take her first steps, or hear her first words, her teething experience, first holiday. God damn it she didn't even make it through her first birthday".
Letty was sobbing on Dom's chest. She felt slight comfort having Dom around.
"I know baby, I know" Dom said wiping her tears and he kissed her forehead.

" We are going to get through this, you and me together, alright?"
"Together?"
"Together! I'm going to help you and you're going to help me, I know it's gonna be hard, heck it's gonna be bloody damn hard but we have to move on, I know we can".

Letty felt better knowing she wasn't alone in this process. Dom's words had brought comfort into her.
Letty gave Dom a kiss on his lips and he lay back down on Dom's chest.
Dom hugged her and kissed her.