chapter 3

(𝙐𝙣𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙙)

Rachel stood infront of the mirror  her heart pounding with excitment and and nervousness.

She carefully scanned the clothes in her walk in closet. She settled with a Black sequin mid length dress, along with some matching earrings and matching sandals.
She painted her nails black, styled her hairs straight. the lights of vanity glowed on her face,as she applied make up that enhanced her natural beauty.

She took her time  as she knew her parents already left, and she wanted to turn Silas's head towards her, admiring her.

She scanned through the perfumes and picked her favorite one, wrapping her in a comforting embrace. She took a moment to admire herself and twirled infront of thr mirror giggling.

As a final touch, she fastened a delicate white diamond pendant around her neck, it sparkled in the bright lights. She felt confident, as she ever was. She grabbed her red purse and headed out, ready to meet Silas Hudson.

The driver opened the door, she gracefully slid inside the car. The engine roared to life, matching her racing heart.

She looked at the illuminated city passing by, the  twinkling lights guiding towards her destination.

The car entered the grand mansion of Hudson's, decorated by fairy lights wrapping the pillars in its light. The lively atmosphere welcomed her as she exited the car. Filled with sounds of laughter and music, she made her way in the majestic decorated hall.

She spotted many familiar figures but no sign of him. She spotted her family talking to some people along side Mr and Mrs hudson. Even Axel was here, of course he has to be. Its his best friends success party.

Her father and brother looked elegant in tailored suits and her mom looked like she's in her youth. They radiated confidence and grace.

She approached them, moving past the crowd.

"Rachel is that you sweetie? Gosh look at you  you look heavenly my dear." Sadie smiled and opened her arms, hugging her.

Rachel returned the smile and broke the hug greeting garrett. He nodded and ignored her sipping his drink.

Rachel then greeted her family and started conversing with them.

Axel took a drink for Rachel when the waiter was passing by. He forwarded it, which she took thanking him.

" Where is Bianca? She didn't come." Rachel asked slowly drinking the wine, referring to Axel's Girlfriend.

Hearing that Axel's mood turned sour, resulting in slight frowning face.

" i don't know."  He couldn't be bothered if she comes or not.

" isn't she your girlfriend? U should be knowing it." Rachel asked confused as to why someone wouldn't know their gf's plans.

" i didn't ask, was busy in company. But she would probabaly come, she comes from elite family like us."

" Hmm, i heard dad saying something about company problems. Is everything alright?." She said showing concern.

" Everything' fine. Dont worry i will handle everthing." He lied smoothly not wanting to worry his baby sis.

" I know u can handle it, i believe you Brother. But prioritize ur health to." Axel nodded and finished his drink excusing himself.

As he was heading towards the Garden to smoke, he felt someone crashing with him.

He immediately held her waist before she could fall down flat on her back.

He looked at her familiar face, blinking slowly as the world stopped between them.

The lights casted a glow at them shadowing everything behind.

They both stared at eachother, as their hearts began beating fasts inside their chests.

Their little bubble broke as Axel realised their positions.

They both stood straight and Ashley was still in a dazed. He clearled his throat to ease the awakwardness. He raised a eyebrow seeing her smiling foolishly.

" Be careful." He said and went away,not waiting for a reply. He was confused by his reaction to her touch but choose to ignore it.

'He held me, he held me, he held me.' Ashley was smiling crazily standing alone.

Rachel who saw her friend standing and smiling like an idiot came forward and shook her.

" Ashley,Ashley." Hearing Rachel she came out of daze and looked here and there searching for Axel.

" did that really happen or was i dreaming?." Ashely asked herself.

" whats wrong with you?."
Ashley shook her head and smiled.

"Girl u look georgeus, certain someone won't keep his eyes off of u tonight." She teased her making Rachel blush a little.

Ashley knew about her having a huge crush on Silas, other then her nobody know, she hoped.

" ohh stop it. And look at you, u look stunning ur self." They both complimented eachother and headed inside to get some drinks.

Rachel and Ashley were sitting on the stools of cocktail bar when Rachel saw somwone entering from her peripheral view

She turned her head in that direction. She saw a man gracefully walking in, dressed in a black three piece Armani suit. Her breath hitched when she realised who it was.

Silas Hudson.

---------------

𝙃𝙤𝙬 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧?

𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩, 𝙫𝙤𝙩𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙞𝙛 𝙪 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙩.

𝙃𝙤𝙬 𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙪 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙩𝙤?