chapter 4

(𝙪𝙣𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙙)

Rachel's pov

My breath hitched, my heart beating rapildy in my chest. I was awed by the charm of the man who stood in the center of the hall. I went past people to reach the front. There he was standing before me clad in black Three piece Armani suit, his Brown hairs nicely gelled and his blue eyes had an icy glint. His black suit was complimenting his porcelain skin and i was captivated by him.

I have hardly seen his face after he joined the bussiness, apart from interviews and scandals with models. He confidently strood forward, taking long strids. He went towards his and my family, and they congratulated him. Other guests joined praising his hard work.

" let's go we gotta congratulate him " i broke my gaze away from him, startled by the sudden voice. Ashley came and stood beside me.

" i will now." I took a deep breath to calm my nerves and we both went towards him. I was both excited and nervous.

A smile reached my face when i stood near him, his back facing me. He and Axel were talking to some people i didn't recognize.

I could also see Bianca beside Axel. she was wearning a short maroon dress that hardly reached her mid thighs. Her face was heavily caked with make up. She looked like she was hired as a pole dancer.

Axel deserved better than this, better than Bianca atleast. She always gave me negative vibes.

Silas turned around and that's when our eyes collided. His  gaze was electrifiying and i saw something sinister in them. I froze unable to form simple words. His gaze could kill me right now and i won't complaint.

" Congratulations on your success Mr Hudson." Bianca said with a small polite smile.

Axel looked at her and nodded, not minding to even smile. His eyes found their way back to me.

I mustered up the courage and passed him a smile.

" co-congrats Silas, j'm glad ur hardwork payed off." I mentaly scolded my self for suttering infront of him.
I didn't bother to address him formaly since our families are close, not to mention him being my brother's Best friend.

" Thank you." His velvety deep manly voice reached me. His eyes took in my form, moving his gaze from my toes to my head. He smirked meeting my eyes, making my heart skip a beat.He turned his attention back his guests.

I'm sure a red tint must be covering my cheeks by now.

"Rachel did u see it, The cold and arrogant Silas Hudon just checked u out" Ashley had a suprised look on her face.

I choose to be clueless about it even tho i saw it with my own eyes.

" what u talking about, he even looked at u." Does he check out every girl he sees? Many thoughts were going inside my head

"No Rachel, he barely looked at me. But you, his eyes were wandering around ur figure." her words relieved me somewhat.

" Ashley u must be imagining things. How much did u even drink?" I asked to divert her mind from this topic. She wondered for few seconds and then shrugged.

"i donno. But i swear i didn't imagine that, right?" Ashley have bad alcohol tolerance 3 glasses and she gets drunk and starts acting like a lunatic.

" Forget it Ashley. Let's go from here to somewhere less crowded." She lazily followed me.

" Yeah, let's go my mood is already a little sore after seeing someone."  I frowned confused.

"who?"

"Noone important. I need to use the washroom real quick wait for me." she said.

"I'll be near the swimming pool area." I said and we went our ways.

As soon i as i went the wind gently blew my hair. It felt good feeling the chill weather, away from the crowd. There were hardly any people here.

just when i was embracing the weather someone tapped on my shoulder making me look back. When i saw who it was my mood turned sour.

" why a pretty lady like you is alone." I gave Edward 'not interested' face and turned my back to him.

" oh come on don't turn you're back." Be stood beside me giving me a stupid smile that acvording to him should charm me.

" ur invited?" I scruched up my face into a displeased one. Edward looked at me offended.

" of course Rachel. My family is also rich, maybe not as much as ur's or Hudson's but still rich."

Edward's family owns publishing houses, they got rich in recent years when Mr. Hunt started from scratch.

" leave me alone Hunt, i thought i made it clear in school."

" give me one reason for that, Rachel baby." I was contemplating whether to drown him in the pool or not. Annoyed i took steps away from him and that's when i heard him shout.

" ok ok i'm sorry, u don't need to leave." I didn't stop. A hand took hold of my wrist and turned me around. I looked at him in anger shook his hand off of my wrist.

"Don't u dare touch me." He immediately raised his hands to show he won't touch.

"ok i won't. U can stay here i'll see u in school." He winked and left from here. I took some napkins from the table near me that also had some drinks and snacks and wiped his touch.

i throwed the napkin somewhere and waited for Ashley.

After 5 more minutes i recieve a text from her.

𝙄'𝙢 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚, 𝙞 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡. 𝘿𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙞𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙢𝙚. -𝘼𝙨𝙝𝙡𝙚𝙮.

She was good just now what even happened to her. I decided to call her but she declined it. I called her again, she picked it up this time.

" Ash what happened to you?" I asked her concerned.

" Rachel i j-just had to-too much alcohol, don't worry ab-about me Bye." She ended the call before i could even respond. she was suttering and her voice sounded hoarse to me as if she....cried? I decided to ask her tomorrow.

" r u enjoying ur self?" I turned around and gasped when i saw Silas standing near me holding a glass of red wine. He was staring hard at my face with those gorgeus blue eyes of his.

He raised his eyebrows when i didn't respond right away.

" yeah it's good." I replied nervously. Inside i was happy. My eyes avoided his as i didn't have the courage. I'm hardly ever nervous but Silas is someone who brings that emotion out of me along side others.

"then why r you standing here?"

"I wanted some fresh air."

" Do u want some?" He gestured towards his glass.

"Oh no i had some before, i don't drink that much." i smiled shaking my head.

" It's my party celebrate my success with me." I was tempted to drink with him but denied.

" loosen up a little Rachel." i gulped when he said my name. My name never sounded good until now.

"Ok if u insist."

" wait for me here i'll be right back." I nodded and he went away to bring it.

When i saw him going i immediately revealed a full blown smile. i tried to stop it but couldn't. I covered my face with my hand and looked at my sides to see if anyone noticed it. Fortunately no one did.
-------------------

𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧?

𝙞 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙮 𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙮.

𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩'𝙨 𝙪𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙫 𝘼𝙣𝙞𝙢𝙚?