Chapter 1

Felix POV:

I walked in to the sorted group of nervous, scared, girls. Niel was in the boys section. A lady in a bright green, puffy, dress walked up to the microphone. Her hair was in a huge bun and her bangs were white while the back was green like her dress. She looked horrid.

"I'm Petalia Percy your new host for the reaping. Welcome to the 74th annual Hunger Games. Lets begin, shall we?" she said smiling with her green lips. I silently sighed.

"Girls first as always." she reminded, before going to the girls bowl. She searched with her hand and pulled out a slip of paper.

"Felix Lacoy." she said. The girls around me slowly backed away and created a path which I confidently, yet slightly scared, walked down and onto the stage.

"Okay now the boys." she did the same and pulled out a piece of paper. The name on it shocked me the most.

"Niel Lacoy. Oh! you must be brother and sister. Dear me." she said shocked. My eyes widened as my brother, indeed, walked onto the stage looking terrified. The entire district, excluding Petalia and the Peacekeepers, kissed and held three fingers out to us. 'Goodbye to a loved one.' I thought to myself.

We were dragged into the Justice Hall and I grabbed my brother and pulled him into a hug as he shook slightly.

"It's going to be okay Niel. I promise." I said looking him in the eyes. He nodded and smiled a small smile.

"We're leaving for the capitol, lets go!" Petalia said excitedly. 'Of course their excited, they don't have to die.' I thought to myself bitterly.

Now, I'm not a bitter person, but I'm aggressive and protective. I won't hesitate to kill someone who is opposed as a threat to me or my brother. I'm actually quite sweet when I need and want to be.

We got on the train and sat down at a table. A man, who I guessed was our mentor, came in. "I'm your mentor, Finnick O'dair. You're Felix and Niel?" he asked and we nodded. He frowned at the sight of us.

"Well District 4's standards have dropped. We'll have to make do." he said to himself. I growled under my breath.

"So... any tips?" I asked. He sighed, "If you last after the bloodbath then you might have a chance, very small but you might. Find safety and water first. That can keep you alive or kill you. Avoid careers in the arena, especially in the bloodbath. After that try and kill them." He said with a sarcastic tone dripping from his last sentence. I nodded and rolled my eyes. We sat and discussed strategies for a while.

"We're here!" Petalia calls out. I sigh, relieved that we can get off this horrid train. As we walk out Petalia tells us to smile so we did.

We entered the elevator and rode up to the 4th floor. After eating we watched the reapings.

The girl from District 1 looked slightly challenging, the guy, not so much. District 2 were deffiantly the challenges. The blonde, buff, boy, could clearly be categorized as one of the possible winners. District three was an easy kill. Then it was ours. I showed no emotion whatsoever, while Niel looked terrified.

As they went through the reapings, I was touched by District 12's girl, Katniss Everdeen, who volunteered for her younger sister.

"Alright off to bed. We have a busy day tomorrow." Petalia said. I got up and left to my new room.

I easily fell asleep, ready for whatever comes at me tomorrow.