Chapter 3

"WAKE UP! ITS TRAINING DAY!" Petalia called throughout the room. I sighed and got up and ready. I sighed and put my hair into a high ponytail. My hair went down to the middle of my back,even up in a ponytail. It was quite long. I put on the training uniform that I was handed and then we headed into the training arena.

We were instructed on how to survive and what stations we had to do and such. I went to the survival stations first then the hand-to-hand combat, which I found that I was quite good at. I then moved on to the climbing rope. Peeta had just fallen from it and I helped him up. "Thanks." he said and I smiled.

I climbed up but someone began shaking the ropes rapidly. I let my legs lock on the rope and I layed back, hanging upside down. Like on the bars children used to use as a 'playground'. I was faced with Peeta.

"Better put on a show for the careers. Their eyeing you like a meal. I had the same problem." He said to me. I nodded and jumped down, landing in a crouched position. I walked over to the knives. I picked four up and backed away from a dummy. I ran and did an ariel, throwing the knives and hitting the chest, neck, leg and arm. I took the knives out put them back and looked at everyone watching me in shock. The careers looked more shocked then the rest. I smirked.

"Don't worry. I'll save you for last." I said sweetly. I seemed confident but I was actually quite terrified. More for my brother than me. I saw a black haired girl, who I recognised as Clove from District 2, talking to my brother who looked petrified. He shot me a glance that screamed, "Help." When I got closer I noticed the knife in her hands.

"Don't touch my brother." I growled. She smirked and moved closer to him. 'Thats it.' I thought. I expertly grabbed the knife out of her hand and pinned her to the ground.

"I'm sorry did I stutter?" I said with a venomous tone. She choked out a 'No.'

"Then listen to me. Don't touch my brother. Ever. I will not, I repeat will not, hesitate to kill you if he even gets a scratch on him from you or your friends. Got it?" I hissed. She nodded and I got off of her. I helped her up and glared at her as she walked away. District 1 and 2 looked slightly scared but they covered it up.

I grabbed Niel and checked to make sure he was okay, which he was. I smiled at him and training was soon over.

------------------

We were now waiting to prove ourselves to the gamemakers. Scores range from 1-12. I'm so ready.

"Felix Lacoy." A voice rang. I stood up and walked in.

They were looking at me at first but then continued talking.

"Felix Lacoy." I said slightly irritated. They turned to look at me so I grabbed a few knives and set a sword on the floor near me.

I threw three knives and hit each bullseye. I turned around and noticed none of them were paying attention.

I got mad so I picked up a bunch of knives and managed to pin Seneca to the wall without harming him.

"Thanks for your attention sir." I said before throwing one more knife that pinned the end sleeve of his suit to the wall. The other gamemakers took the knives out of the wall as I left.

We sat in our main room and watched as scores were given.

"Niel Lacoy, District 4 with a score of 9." Claudius said and everyone applauded.

"Felix Lacoy, District 4, with a score of....11! Amazing!"

Everyone cheered. I smiled but I knew one thing.

I was now a HUGE target.