Chapter 10

I think the story is coming to an end, I'm not sure. Haha stupid me. I don't know how many chapters are left so lets just see! ~Hannah xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cato looked half dead. I looked up and noticed Peeta and Katniss staring down at me. They looked shocked.

"W-we thought you were dead!" Katniss said. I smirked. "I'm very much alive but the gamemakers don't know that." I said quietly. I looked down at Cato who was now sleeping.

Katniss held the bow up and pointed an arrow at Cato. I looked up at her scared. "Please don't." I said sadly. She looked confused. But Peeta caught on and explained it to Katniss.

"B-but he's a...you're just....what?" she stuttered.

"He's a career, I'm just too sweet. I know but he's like the only person I have left. I'm not going to lose him." I said holding his hand. Katniss sighed.

"Well someone has to win..." Katniss said. I shook my head. "I'm not letting any of you get killed. Especially Cato. So we can either let the gamemakers have it their way or we can be stubborn like I always am and fight against them. Do absolutely nothing." I said. The sun rose and I sat on the ground cross-legged. Cato began to wake up. He sat up then stood up, completely oblivious to me. I held back a laugh as Katniss and Peeta watched from above the cornucopia trying not to give me away.

"Damn it. She shouldn't have." I heard him mutter. He kicked the ground angrily. I stood up. "Don't hurt yourself." I said from behind Cato. He whipped around and charged at me.

He grabbed me and hugged me. Weird, to you. But to me its normal. "I thought you were...." he trailed off. "Dead? Yeah well I wasn't going to let the gamemakers have their way and you know me. Stubborn." I said nuzzling my face into his neck. 'Damn you and your accuracy, Clove.' I thought to myself.

"You really are stubborn." he said chuckling. I nodded and smirked. "Oh I know. I wasn't going to let you tell me what to do so hey..." I said shrugging. I walked toward the cornucopia holding Catos hand.

"Mind if we join you?" I asked and they glanced wearily at Cato. "Promise you won't hurt them?" I asked. He sighed and nodded. He helped me up and then I gave him a hand and he pulled himself up. I sat across from Katniss and Cato sat next to me, across from Peeta.

"I wonder what Haymitch, Petalia, Seneca and Caesar think of this?" I wondered to myself. Cato smirked. "Probably pissed." he said making me laugh.

"Probably. I wonder if they'll send out more mutts. That would suck." I said looking down at my almost empty knife vest.

"Well I still have some of the knives you threw." Katniss said, gently tossing the knives to me. I handed one to Cato. "Don't lose this one." I said with a wink.

After a while I started to wonder. "Why am I alive? I have no one to go back to. And if I'm dead I don't have to worry about the grief of my brother or any other losses...like Clove." I whispered to myself. Cato noticed and hugged me tight.

"Don't you even think about it." He said kissing my forehead. I smiled slightly and nodded. 'well might as well try it.' I thought to myself before bringing my lips to Catos. I gently kissed him and he kissed back smirking. I pulled away and smiled.

"Not bad 2." I said, adding a wink. He chuckled and replied, "Not to bad yourself 4." Katniss and Peeta, being their immature selves made a gagging face.

"Jealous?" I asked jokingly. "Totally." Katniss replied sarcastically. I laughed. Then rain began to pour.

"Damn you Seneca. Damn you Gamemakers. Damn you S-" Cato cut me off. "We get it. Damn everyone." I laughed. "Thats my boy." I said ruffling his blond wet hair. He rolled his eyes.

The weather changed from Rain to burning hot. Being immature, myself, I held my middle finger up to the sky. "F**K all of you." I said huffing. The other three laughed.

I heard a loud sigh, "Everyone, congrdulations to this years victors." Seneca said. I fist pumped. The hovercraft floated above us and we all waited to go in.

This was interesting.