Chapter 5

I'm so sorry for the short chapter! Forgive me! This one should be longer! ~Hannah xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"20 seconds." the gamemakers voice said. Marcus held my head and put something in my ear but I don't know what. I climbed in the tube and I was sent up into the arena. I looked around and I saw Niel looking at me in the next launch spot.

"Run." I mouthed and he nodded.

60

59

58

57

56

55

54

53

52

51

50

We waited.

49

48

47

46

45

44

43

42

41

40

And waited

39

38

37

36

35

34

33

32

31

30

Almost time.

29

28

27

26

25

24

23

23

22

21

20

Im Ready.

19

18

17

16

15

14

13

12

11

10

A few more seconds.

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

GO!

I ran towards the nearest knife vest and snatched it up. I grabbed a bag and ran out of the cornucopia. I saw Niel and ran towards him. He saw me and we ran into the forest.

Marvel, one of the careers was coming towards us so I threw a knife that would hit his shoulder but not kill him, just give him a warning. I made Niel run ahead of me so he wouldnt get hit by anything.

We both ran until our lungs burned and our legs were sore.

"Niel climb that tree and I'll guard. Okay?" I asked and he nodded and climbed the tree to a branch none of the others would climb.

I sat throughout the night fidgeting with the knives. I looked in the bag that I had grabbed. A canteen that has water in it, thank god. Rope, sleeping bag, nuts, berries and another knife.

"I'll give that to Niel." I said to myself.

Hours later and I decided it was time to move. "Niel." I whisper yelled. He shot up and almost fell. "Yeah?" He asked looking down at me. I chuckled. "Lets go." I said and waited for him to climb down.

We walked around and Niels stomach growled. "Hungry?" I asked sarcastically. He laughed and nodded. I gave him the knife and some berries.

"This should help until we can find some meat." I Said and he nodded.

I saw a rabbit so I threw my knife and immediately the rabbit went down. "Nice." Niel said. I smiled proudly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's not very long wordwise but hey I don't want to bunch stuff together. ~Hannah xx