Chapter 8

The next morning I heard the announcement.

"There is a feast at the cornucopia, this is no ordinary feast though. Each district has a certain thing they need and we generous people, are giving it to you."

I rolled my eyes. "Death match. Thresh will most likely be there along with Katniss. Clove and I will go. Cato you stay here and...do whatever. Hunt I guess." I said and he nodded. Clove and I grabbed our knife vests and ran towards the cornicopia. Katniss was there so Clove threw a knife and it hit Katniss' forehead, just merely cutting her skin. I grabbed both bags.

"CATO! CATO!" I heard Clove scream. Thresh was bashing her head off the cornucopia.

"Stop!" I yelled trying to get him off of her. He hit my face causing me to fall. My nose was bleeding and my cheek was cut. He was on top of me trying to bash my head into the ground. He found a broken piece of a knife and cut my other cheek along with my shoulder. I hissed in pain and I kicked him off of me.

"I helped save Rue why are you trying to kill me?!" I screamed. He stopped and ran away yelling to Katniss. "Just this time 12. For Rue." He said before grabbing his pack and running.

Katniss held an arrow to my head.

"You're in an alliance with them?" She said angrily. "Yes, but I told Clove and Cato to leave you guys alone until Thresh was dead. Clearly Clove doesn't listen." I said to her and she lowered her bow. I laid there clutching my shoulder. I sat up and just glared at the ground.

"Okay. I have to go though, Peetas hurt." She said after taking her pack and running away. I turned to Clove and looked at her. She was bleeding badly. Cato came running out of the forest. He stopped at Cloves lifeless body. I laid back down and ignored him. I was in so much pain. I just closed my eyes. I heard the cannon for Clove go off. I was almost asleep.

I didn't expect to feel someone carrying my body. I didn't care though. I was too tired and I had lost too much blood. I was set down and not to long after I felt warmth. 'Fire.' I thought to myself. I managed to open my eyes a little and saw Cato sitting opposite side of the fire from me. He looked so sad. I sat up slowly and walked over to the side he was on. I sat next to him and leaned against him. Going against all pain in my body.

"How ya doing?" I asked quietly. He shrugged and smirked. "Hey if you win then you can prove that you're the best." I said gently nudging him. I winced as pain shot into my shoulder.

"I'll win, I know it." he said messing with the fire. "There's the Cato we all know and somewhat love." I said smiling. He genuinely smiled. "Woah, did you just smile? Are you okay?" I asked jokingly. That got a small laugh out of him.

"I'm going to guard if you want to sleep." I said and he nodded. He layed down and soon enough, fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

I'm sorry for the shortness of the chapters! Seriously! I'm doing this all in one night! ~Hannah xx