Chapter 4

"JUST PUT THE DAMN DRESS ON FELIX!" Petalia yelled, frustrated. I sighed and angrily put it on. It was a black, sparkling dress with, once again, a smokey grey. After they finished doing my make up we had to wait for our interview with Caeser. When Cato was up I couldn't help but scoff at his cockiness. District 3 went and soon it was my turn. I walked on stage and the crowd cheered and clapped.

I sat down next to Caeser. He grabbed my hand and kissed it. "Hello dear. Felix, is it?" he asked and I nodded. "The one and only." I replied smiling. The crowd laughed.

"So, you're quite confident am I right?"He asked. "Well as confident as I can be after being chosen to fight to the death, Caeser." I said laughing slightly at the end. He nodded and chuckled.

"So is this boy named Niel anything to you? You seem protective of him, why is that?" He asked with a curious tone.

"Well Niel is my younger brother. He's the last of my family that I have." I said trying to smile. Caeser frowned. "Well I'm sorry to hear that he has to compete in this." Caeser said and I smiled.

"One more thing. Anyone you have your eyes on?" He asked. "Nope, I'm avoiding boys at all cost because honestly I just dont understand their tactics in getting girls. No sense at all." I said and the crowd laughed along with Caesar. He kissed my hand again and stood up yelling, "Felix everybody!"

People cheered loudly as I left. I smiled at a nervous Niel and he walked onstage.

I watched his interview and it went quite well. The girls thought he was adorable. I smiled when he came back and hugged me.

"Good job." I said as we walked back to the rooms.

"Thanks." He said smiling.

We both went to bed because tomorrow will be the day that we fight to the death. 'I just hope I can protect Niel.' I thought to myself.

Im not ready for this.