Mum!Janet Van Dyne x Reader

Y/n's POV

Watching Hope be so normal with mum is hard, it's like she forgets that she's been gone for the last thirty years of our lives. Yes, I understand that it couldn't exactly be helped and she didn't have much choice but still she didn't have to leave in the first place! Her and dad have welcomed her back with open open arms, along with Scott and Cassie but I just can't. Sitting at the dinner table with everyone I wipe my son's face clean making him giggle in his highchair while my daughter pouts in her aunts arms. "Janet please, sit with auntie Hope nicely just now and then you can come sit with mummy okay. I just need to finish feeding Henry." I tell her softly and she crosses her arms angrily making me sigh. "Please baby? I know that you're tired and want cuddles but I need to feed your brother first."

"I could feed him for you y/n." Mum says from the other side of Henry but I glare at her making her sigh. "Y/n-"

"I can handle this thank you very much mother." I grit out before looking back at Janet who's still pouting and offer her a small smile. "Come here then misses, you can help me finish feeding your brother and then we'll go home for a nap." I tell her and she tries to climb over the table making me look at her pointedly.

"Go round the table before mummy has to tickle you baby." Dad says as he lifts her out of Hope's arms and as soon as her feet hit the ground she runs round to my seat and starts climbing up my legs. Lifting her up with a smile I kiss the top of her head softly as her eyes droop slightly and she grips onto my top tightly as she cuddles close to me. "Is that better baby? You just wanted to cuddle your mummy because your tired didn't you?" Dad asks while looking at me pointedly and I glare at him while Janet nods tiredly making him chuckle.

"Yes well I'm always going to be here for you to cuddle when your tired baby. Even when I'm old and grey, I'll never leave my babies alone." I tell her softly but can't help myself as I look at mum who looks down at her plate with a frown making my gut twist slightly. Just because you're scared doesn't mean you need to be a complete bitch y/n, she's still your mum and you do love her. Not that you're exactly showing her that right now. Don't push her away now that you've finally got her back, you've waited so long to have her back y/n. Give her a chance. "Now, do you want to help feed this messy boy?" I ask her and she shakes her head making me chuckle as I hold her tight with one hand while returning to feeding Henry with the other which proves to be harder than I though as he starts fussing more. Wincing when he knocks the spoon out of my hand I bite back my laughter the orange coloured food lands in mum's hair making her groan and clear my throat slightly while Hope just starts laughing.

"Henry made a mess of grandma's hair!" Janet giggles out and I look down at her with a smile as I nod.

"He did, didn't he baby." I say as I look at mum while trying not to laugh and she just looks at me with a small smile of her own making my lips twitch slightly which makes her smile grow slightly. "You might want to get that out before it dries in mum, it's an absolute nightmare then. Ask dad if you don't believe me, he's got plenty of experience with it. Janet went through a Hope phase when she was starting on solids, there was more food on us than in her stomach." I tell her and she nods with a sad smile as she gets up from her chair and moves towards the bathroom silently. Fuck! Jesus christ what is wrong with me?

"Are you ever going to forgive her?" Hope asks and I look at her with tears in my eyes making her sigh. "You've already done that you just can't let yourself believe that she's here to stay can you?"

"No offense Hope but she's not given me any reason to. She's come back after thirty years and acted like nothings happened! She won't talk to either of us Hope and no maybe I haven't tried as hard as you have but why the hell should I?" I ask her and she holds her hands up in surrender making me sigh. "I know how badly you wanted her to come back Hope, so did I and you know that but are you really okay that she just came back like she was never gone? No real explanation or anything because I'm not. I have my babies to think about here Hope, I refuse... I can't... please try and see where I'm coming from here. Both of you." I say as I bite back tears and dad comes over to hug me tight to him after crouching beside my chair.