Amanda Rollins x Reader

Severe talks of domestic abuse, rape and injuries. Please, please, please don't read this if any of this triggers you. The reader is twenty five and was raped by her dad when she was twenty, falling pregnant with his child Emmy who she does everything to protect. Amanda and Sonny aren't together and don't have the baby together (Sorry for any spoilers on that front.)

Y/n's POV

Sitting in Professor Rollins class trying to pay attention I find myself zoning out until everyone else starts packing up and leaving and I do so at a more sedate pace while an older woman I recognise as Captain Benson comes in. Knowing that she had worked with not only Professor Rollins but my aunt Jo as well in the past I take this as my chance to secretly ask for help without my father knowing. Quickly scribbling out a note which states that I need help along with my address I hesitate for a moment before putting my phone number down before folding it up and hide it up my sleeve before taking my leave. Or I try to only for my ankle to give out as I pass the two women and they rush to steady me making me bite back a wince as Captain Benson grabs my arm, which I'm pretty sure might be fractured after being thrown down the stairs a few nights ago while trying to protect my daughter. "Wow! Careful there sweet girl, we don't need you getting anymore bruises than you already have." Professor Rollins says softly with worried eyes as she takes my hand and I take my chance as I look at her with barely concealed tears making her frown. "Hey, what's wrong?" She asks as she squeezes my hand lightly but I shake my head as I slip the note into her hand before rushing out because if I don't get home soon then I know that my dad's going to be even more pissed than normal and I can't risk him hurting Emmy. Rushing home I walk inside as quietly as I can, leaving the door on the latch as I silently pray that someone will finally help me before making my way into the living room where I find dad passed out drunk. Running upstairs to check on Emmy I smile when I see her playing happily making me smile before going back downstairs and into the kitchen where I quickly make a start on dinner and jump when I feel my phone buzzing in my pocket and quickly pull it out to see who it is and answer it when I see Professor Rollins' number flashing on the screen. "Y/n, why did you rush off? I can help you."

"I couldn't stay. He'd have killed me if I was late home and if he finds out that I've asked for help it's not going to be pretty. I need to protect Em-" I start to ramble but get cut off as something's thrown at me, hitting the back of my head making me drop the phone as dad storms over to me and starts beating me as he demands answers from me. "I'm sorry! I promise I didn't mean it, I'm sorry. I promise I didn't say anything." I sob out as he kicks me in the ribs repeatedly and try to curl in on myself but he stops me as he stomps on my leg making me scream in pain but he shuts me up as he shove a towel in my mouth before continuing to beat me only stopping as I pass out. Or maybe that's when I stop feeling it anyway, I don't know.

Amanda's POV

Listening as y/n screams out in pain over the phone I pull it away from my ear with a wince as me and Liv share a look before looking back down at the note y/n had slipped into my hand before rushing off. Looking at each other again as her noises suddenly become muffled we run out of the classroom and jump into her car which she speeds off to the address on the paper. "How didn't I notice this? The bruises, her always being jumpy, never staying behind or attending certain classes. It's my job to notice." I mutter and Liv rests her hand on top of mine with a shake of her head as she focuses on the road. "I noticed so much about her but never that she was scared and needed my help."

"People are good at hiding things like this until they physically can't. My question is why wait until today? What's so different or significant about today?" She asks and I try to think but come up blank until something clicks with me.

"The only thing different about today was that you showed up, maybe she saw that as a way to finally ask for help. It's no secret that we've worked together in the past and it's also no secret as to what we did but maybe she didn't feel like I could help her alone and she couldn't just go to the police. She did show some interest when Stabler turned up a few days ago but when he tried to talk to her she brushed him off with a glare so maybe she just felt safer talking to you." I suggest as we get closer to the house and when we pull up outside Liv doesn't even shut off the engine, she just puts the handbrake on before we rush up to the door which is on the latch for us making us share a look as she pulls her gun. "Oh you clever girl." I whisper as we make our way inside quietly and Liv's quick to handcuff the passed out man in the living room while I follow a trail of blood into the kitchen. Gasping when I see the state y/n's in I rush over to her side and pull the cloth out of her mouth while carefully pushing her hair out of her face as she gasps for air but doesn't regain consciousness. Looking over her body to assess the damage my heart stops when I see how her clothes are ripped and her underwear displaced. "Liv! I need your help in here." I call out and in no time she's beside me gasping at the sight in front of us as she crouches down beside her.