━ 𝙨𝙞𝙭

═══ 💜🖤 ═══

═══ 💜🖤 ═══

LATER THAT evening, Miles and Mr. Alvarez were watching television in the living room while Zariah and Mrs. Alvarez were setting the table for dinner. Mr. Alvarez kept side-eying Miles as they both watched television.

The Morales boy kept his eyes on the TV because he didn't want to upset Mr. Alvarez.

"Time for dinner!" Mrs. Alvarez informs.

Miles and Mr. Alvarez both walk into the kitchen and see Mrs. Alvarez and Zariah sitting down at the dining table. Mr. Alvarez took the seat next to his daughter which caused Miles to become annoyed. He wanted to sit next to his girlfriend. Instead, Mr. Alvarez was sitting there and Zariah didn't mind since he was her father.

Miles had to sit next to Mrs. Alvarez, which wasn't what he had hoped but he rolled with it.

"So, Miles, what are you planning to do when you graduate Brooklyn Visions Academy?" Mrs. Alvarez asks the boy.

Miles looked at Mrs. Alvarez with a smile. He was glad that she was making this conversation and asking about him. The questions didn't bother him at all and he hoped it would help ease Mr. Alvarez's tensions with him.

"Well, Mrs. Alvarez. I plan on going to New York University and major in engineering," Miles replies to Mrs. Alvarez.

"That's great! Zariah wants to major in acting since she wants to be an actress," Mrs. Alvarez informs.

Miles is taken aback. "An actress?" He glances at his girlfriend.

Zariah never said anything about wanting to be an actress when he was with her. He felt a little conflicted at the statement, he didn't realize that was her dream. It would've been nice to know when they were alone together instead of learning it through Mrs. Alvarez.

"Mom, you didn't have to put it out there," Zariah says over dramatically.

"It's okay, Zari, it's not a big deal," Mrs. Alvarez tells her daughter. She didn't seem to mind revealing her daughter's dream.

Miles kept quiet as he wanted to let the situation settle. He didn't know that Zariah wanted to be an actress, he never saw that coming.

"How did you two get together?" Mr. Alvarez spoke up, staring intensely at Miles

"At a party. We uh, clicked together," Miles responded, trying to keep it brief.

Mr. Alvarez hummed and ate his piece of steak.

"That's nice, I'm happy Zariah has a good boyfriend like you," Mrs. Alvarez smiles.

"I love her with all my heart," Miles looks over at Zariah lovingly. He watches her cheeks get flushed with color from the affection he has for her.