━ 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

═══ 💜🖤 ═══

═══ 💜🖤 ═══

MILES AND his mom arrived together
at the Alvarez residence, via Rio's car.
They were ready to enjoy the
family barbecue and get to know
the Alvarez family a little better.

Rio knocked on the door and was invited in by Mrs. Alvarez, who looked happy to see them. The three exchanged greetings before Mrs. Alverez let them out into the backyard where relatives and friends were conversing with one another.

Mrs. Alverez spots her husband talking with a few of his friends and smiles. "Let me introduce you to my husband Rodrigo," She links her arm with Rio.

"Go make friends, Miles!" Rio urges her son as she is led away by Mrs. Alverez.

Miles looks around for his girlfriend and sees Zariah talking to a couple of boys. His jealousy flares slightly as he watches her laugh with them.

"Zariah!" He calls to her.

Zariah looks over at him and smiles, gesturing for him to come over.

He starts walking towards her and smiles, wrapping his arm around her and kissing her forehead. "Who are these two?" He glanced at the two boys, not trusting them one bit.

"These are my cousins, Aiden and Savon," Zariah points at the two boys, who wave at Miles. "They're from my mom's side of the family,"

"Ah..." Miles felt embarrassed at quickly assuming the boys were flirting with Zariah when it turned out they were part of her family. He can't believe he let jealousy get the best of him.

"He's your boyfriend?" Aiden asks Zariah, seeing Miles rub his cousin's arm.

"Yeah, he is," Zariah replies to Aiden.

"Nice to meet you, bro," Savon nods to Miles.

"You too," Miles nods back.

The four teens all talked for a few minutes before Aiden and Savon walked away to their friends.

"...You thought they were flirting with me, huh?" Zariah asks her boyfriend after a moment of silence.

Miles looked at her, and she stared back at him. They then started laughing.

"You know me so well, mami,"

═══ 💜🖤 ═══

The barbecue is going well. Rodrigo is grilling some burgers and sausages, Mrs. Alverez and Rio are getting along, and Zariah is going around introducing Miles as her boyfriend.

Miles then notices a sketchy man in the corner staring at Zariah. "Yo, who's that dude over there looking at you?" He asks Zariah.

"Oh, that's my Uncle Juan, my dad's brother. He kinda weird, so no one pays attention to him." Zariah says.