━ 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

═══ 💜🖤 ═══

═══ 💜🖤 ═══

ZARIAH, BEING the sweet and caring girlfriend that she is, is in the bathroom cleaning Miles's bloody knuckles.

Miles looks at Zariah after she finishes cleaning his hands.

"You looked so hot beating his ass," Zariah chuckles.

"Oh, did I now?" Miles chuckles back, feeling a bit flattered. No one has ever said that about him before, but hearing it from Zariah made him feel special. "You really thought so?"

Zariah smirks at him.

"What? You got something you wanna say?" Miles teases, getting up from the toilet cover and wrapping his arms around her. He leans his head against her shoulder as he holds onto her.

"Damn, I'm so mad he interrupted us. Now we don't have enough time," Zariah pouts.

"Maybe there's enough time," Miles says to Zariah as he leans closer to her, placing his hand on her waist.

"Hell no, I don't want us to get caught," She leans away, much to his disappointment. "Let's head out to my backyard, everyone's probably ready to eat,"

"Sounds good to me," Miles says.

═══ 💜🖤 ═══

The couple walk outside in the backyard, where everyone is at the picnic table getting ready to eat. Zariah pulls Miles along by his hand, sitting down with him next to her cousin Savon.

Everyone began to eat after Grace was said, chatting away like nothing, forgetting all about that pervert Juan.

The evening continues on a positive note for Miles and Zariah, and the former is glad that his girlfriend's family seems to approve of him and his mom, Rio.

Zariah blushes when her boyfriend squeezes her thigh under the table, but continues to talk to Savon to not make anything look weird.

═══ 💜🖤 ═══

After the barbecue, everyone left out the front door, getting in their cars and heading home.

"Miles, I need to talk to you," Rodrigo told the boy in the backyard.

"Uh... Yes, sir," Miles says to the big man.

The two go into the living room, leaving Zariah and Jennifer to start cleaning up the picnic table, with Rio helping.

"What's up, Mr. Alvarez?" Miles asks him.

"Well, Miles," Rodrigo starts. "I think you're a good young man."

Miles can't help but feel happy right now. He knows Mr. Alvarez approves of him.

"I'm glad that you weren't one of those whimpy punks and you protected my daughter. For that, you have earned my respect," Rodrigo says.