Red Guns

NARRATOR POV

Walter:where's 621?

Iris looked up at the man. He was tall, older maybe early fifties, a scar going from centre of his forehead down to the left of his neck. He wore a large greeb overcoat opened.

Iris:dad?

He thought she was joking and scoffed. Iris was actually asking.

Walter:just get out the way

He barged past her. She followed him up the stairs.

Iris:so your Walter?

Walter:what do you think? 621!

Raven was sitting on a box and raised his hand.

Raven:present

Walter went over to him. About an hour later Raven had the top half of his uniform off and around his waste. Walter was bandaging him up back up. Iris noticed his whole body was burned to a degree and there was a painful looking tattoo of "621" on his neck as it was covered up by bandages.

Walter:I bought the Medicine in bulk so you shouldn't run out for awhile

Raven didn't answer. He had this dead look in his eyes, far more dead than usual. He looked like he was in pain at least to Iris.

Walter:when your ready I got another Job for you from Balem. You'll be working with the Red Guns that AC you destroyed was meant for them

Still nothing all he did was nod. Iris was watching this and decided to speak up.

Iris:he's in no condition to pilot and AC!

Walter:my dog will do what I tell him too if i tell him to sit he sits, bark he barks and if i want hom to pilot an AC he'lldamn well do it...you got that?

Raven nodded one more.

Walter:good. I've got business to take care of. See the briefing when your rested

He stood up and started walking away.

Walter:and I do mean it. Rest up you got a busy day tomorrow, don't want my new dog to be down and out this early on

Walter walked back out side where an AC helicopter was waiting on the railway lines. Before Walter walked out he turned just at the door to look at Iris who was still on the railing.

Walter:make sure he takes one vile every day you got it kid?

Iris sighed.

Iris:fine...

Walter:good. Look after my dog brat

He left.

Iris:(mumble)I ain't a fucking brat...

She looked back at Raven, he was now walking to his "room" almost exactly the same as Iris'.

Iris:you gonna be alright?

Raven:I will be...just need a little rest

Iris didn't believe that for a second but thought it would be the best thing for him right now.

TIMESKIP brought to you by chibi Raven walking.

NARRATOR POV

Iris was sitting on the large railway bridge outside the AC Pod she and Raven had been living in. She had a fire going and was heating up an MRE packet in a pot of water. Since Raven came she'd been eating alot better.

Iris:almost done...

Raven:Iris...

She turned to see Raven in his gear, his helmet in his hands.