BALTEUS

NARRATOR POV

???:who are you...?

The voice was female.

???:an older type of Augmented Human fourth generation...

There was a pause.

???:have we...made contact?

Raven couldn't speak. He couldn't see nor feel the only thing he could hear and see was this...voice.

Ayre:I am Ayre--a Rubiconian. Please you must wake up before your consciousness...is forever scattered in the Coral Flow

Raven began to open his eyes to see darkness again. And a single red light aluminating his AC Core. He was still in his AC and it was moving. The lights and other terminals and cameras came on and he saw that his helmet and bandages had fallen off. He ripped the rest off and noticed that his hair was...white? And longer...his skin...was smooth. No burns...not any that he could feel anyway.

COM:C4-621 Raven Vital Signs confirmed. Disabling autopilot, reastablishing Comms link with Handler-

It was cut off.

Ayre:Raven, I've identified and approaching enemy

Raven saw something head toward them fast.

Ayre:I'll synchronise with your Brainwaves and maintain contact to support you...

The enemy hoverd in front of them. It looked like an LC with a giant backpack. Missle pods extended round the LC's ring it had in front of it.

Ayre:Main system reactivating combat mode

His weapons came online and the enemy fired missiles. Raven flew backwards to avoid them but a fee his not causing much damage.

Raven:what is that?

Ayre:I've looked into that. It's an autonomous PCA craft. BALTEUS. You have to break its pulse armor to inflict meaningful damage

Raven avoided a cannon shell.

Raven:when this is done I want answers

Ayre:I will...answer as best I can Raven. But right now you must survive

Raven began firing with his rifle and missiles. The Pulse armor was being damaged but not enough. Suddenly BALTEUS boosted forward and fired its cannon again. It hit the area behind Raven blowing him forward. He slid under BALTEUS and fired the weapon he stope from Sulla and the shield broke rather fast.

Ayre:now Raven!

Raven boosted up to it and kicked it while firing missiles, rifle and the pulse gun. He ended up destroying BALTEUS' cannon on its left shoulder. Raven followed it as it backed away not wanting it to regain its shield.

Ayre:I've taken your Comms offline for now. That blast of Coral nearly killed you

Raven:whatever it did I'm fine...

Ayre:please...you have to focus on winning this. Wait...waves are intensifying! Raven get clear!

BALTEUS let out a burst of plasma armor, regaining it and knocking Raveb back to the ground. BALTEUS burst toward Raven the front of the ring had a...sword? Raven tried to avoid it but it caught both of his legs and sliced them off.

Ayre:Raven!

COM:Warning AC heavily damaged

BALTEUS slowly approached Raven.

Raven:I have an idea...

Raven couldn't reach the pulse gun so this was his best bet.

Ayre:what is it?