SEA SPIDER

NARRATOR POV

Iris:Raven this is our third sortie together?

Raven was refiting the LC with the supplied Iris sent.

Raven:technically

Iris:I'm quite enjoying the routine

After squaring away the weapons and other systems Raven moved for the door.

Carla:alright Tourist as promised I'll lead the way. But after this you owe me one

He wouldn't argue. He did come charging into her turf and wrecked her defences and saved her from being hacked. But then she was letting them pass. So yeah he'd owe her one. Raven went into the massive elevator.

Carla:this elevator goes straight to the top of the grid-outter shell. Saddly that's beyond my territory

The doors closed the elevator began to ascend.

Carla:I mean the PCA satellites see everything. Few of the stupid Dozers took it as a challenge and went out to prove themselves...you can guess what happened

The PCA satellites were no joke. One hit from one of their cannons and he'd be toast. He'd need to be fast. When he got to the top and exited the elevator from the ramp he saw the view.

Raven:so this is the outter-shell view?

Ayre:it is quite the sight

He thought about taking a picture. But he refrained. He had a job to do first. Getting past the cannons and other PCA Drones wasn't hard. Thr LC may have not registered on PCA systems but it was fast enough to dodge the lazers. When he arrived at the launch area there were more PCA Drones scattered around.

PCA:Intruder alert. Intruder alert

Of course the had an alarm.

Carla:oh well might as well mop up while your here Tourist. Never cared for PCA toys

Raven dealt with them easily.

Carla:that's what I like to see. Let's get the cargo launcher ready

Ayre:there Raven

A marker appeared on a container. It resembled what he and Iris had been living in.

Raven:Iris come in?

It took a moment but she responded.

Iris:how's it going? Need more supplies?

Raven:no. I'm just letting you know I reached the launcher

Iris:alright. Don't break my mech you got it?

Raven:I have no such intention-

As Raven was about to go inside a warning popped up.

Ayre:Raven enemy detected!

He looked up and boosted out the way as a giant mech landed on the cargo holder.

Carla:great you found a C weapon. That's a SEA SPIDER, one of the Institues Relics left to haunt Rubicon. What's it doing here?

Iris:what's going on? Raven what happened!?

She was scared.

Raven:talk later

He opened fire and Raven defended himself with the sheild. He boosted out the way and circled it firing. It's weapons followed him but fortunately he was quick. The large cannon on its top fired and Raven narrowly avoided the lazer although his sheild was cut at the top.

Ayre:Raven I'm reading Coral energy. This is no ordinary weapon...

Raven flew toward and threw the broken sheild. The part that was cut off dig into its leg. Raveb ignited his blade and cut off the leg. He boosted back.and tried to go for the other but it jumped in the air and tried to sqaush him. He used Overdrive and moved out the way.

Ayre:Raven your vitals-

Raven:I'm good. Let me kill this thing

He boosted back toward it blade ignited again. The Cannon fored from the SEA SPIDER and Raven used his blade to slay the lazer away wile still.moving forward. The SEA SPIDER went into the air to move away and Rave jumped. He managed to cut off two more legs. Both landed, the SEA SPIDER crashed down.

Ayre:it's heavily damaged Raven!

Raven:then I'm going for it

He ignited the blade once more and flee toward it hoping to end the fight. But the SEA SPIDER flew into the air as Raven was mid swing.

Ayre:Raven another Coral signature watch out!

The bottom of it glowed and fired a red bolt. It hit the ground near Raven and exploded in Coral. The blast blew Raven across into a container.

Ayre:Raven! Raven!

He slowly stood.

Ayre:heavy damage sustained. You need to move now Raven!

He lost his right arm in the blast. He barely avoided the same attack as the SEA SPIDER flew closer.

Raven:Ayre...I'm gonna need some help

Ayre:of course. Overdrive ready

He hand appeared on his.

Raven/Ayre:go...

When they ignited the blade it was red. The SEA SPIDER continued the barrage but the LC was too fast and was already close enough to impale the SEA SPIDER. They then ripped it upward and tore the SEA SPIDER nearly in half. In its last moments as it fell the SEA SPIDER spun round and kicked them with the side of its last leg. The flew and landed near the edge of the launcher. They slide across the ground and hit a container.

Ayre:Raven?

Raven:I'm...still here

A Coral explosion was seen from where they were.

Ayre:enemy...destroyed

Carla:Tourist? You there?

Raven:yeah...I dealt with the problem

Carla:don't sound too good

Raven:doesn't matter. Send us over

He was barely able to open the container.

Carla:us-? No your in zero condition to do this

Raven:deals a deal

He went in and hooked thr LC in. The way he said that and how he acted made her think.

Carla:your Walters Hound right? Guess every dog can't choose its master. Still tough luck, I feel sorry for you I really do

Of course she knew him.

Carla:and one more thing...the Cargo Launcher is strictly for cargo. No ones used this as transport and got out atheist in one piece. And you sound like your half in the grave already

Raven gritted his teeth.

Raven:just launch me

He could feel himself and the whole structure moving.

Carla:alright. Hopefully your luck changes