Watchpoint

NARRATOR POV

Raven and Iris sat down for the Briefing.

Walter:this is a rather personal request...from a friend of mine

Iris:he has friends?

Raven:quiet

Walter:it regards a Watchpoint. It was once used to regulate the flow of Coral now it monitor dormant Veins. I want you to attack it. Your objective will be to destroy the sensor valve at its core. The watchpoint is kept secure by SG, planetside PCA...which means it's too hit for the Corporations to be seen there, in other words we're flying strictly solo on this one. By the time you watch this the helicopter should be outside

They looked out to the doors and see it just landing.

Walter:I'll take you as close as I can then your on your own

The Briefing ended.

Iris:why is it always messages? Why can't it be live or in person?

Raven:just what he does. I don't question it. AC ready?

Iris:yeah, yeah she's loaded, patched up,new paint the works! And I added that little something you asked for

Raven:thanks

Raven climbed in.

Raven:see what you can do with that LC

Iris:it's PCA tech....but I'll figure something out don't worry

Raven:I'm not

TIMESKIP brought to you by chibi Iris working on the LC.

Walter:it's go time 621

The back of the Helicopter opened and Ravens AC hung out.

Walter:don't worry not even the PCA would anticipate a solo independent Mercenary. Get in there and get to work

Raven was dropped just above the base. He landed on one of the out buildings.

Walter:if anyone sees you handle it

Raven:is thay permission to engage at my discretion?

Walter:yes

Raven let off a small smile. Instead of a shield he equipped another missile launcher the same as his right shoulder. He still had the rifle and bazooka aswell. Raven took off toward the PCA cannons and other patrols.

MT:what's that? We're picking up something...it's an AC!?

Raven Locked onto two MT's and a cannon. He fired his missiles and eliminated all three. He flew to the left and took the cannons first, after that he circled back round and dealt with the MT's.

Walter:area secure move on 621

Raven did continue and he hooked round a corner only to be stopped by a spotlight.

Walter:it's a trap!

Raven moved backwards avoiding the blasts from two cannons. He flew up toward the back of the one on the right killing an MT pilot and destroying the Cannon. After he dealt with the rest he dropped down to a long bridge.

Walter:there's the Watchpoint, get inside

Raven moved toward it but he stopped just at the end of the bridge.

???:attacking a Watchpoint? Your incorrigible Handler Walter

An AC landed on the top of the Watchpoint looking down.

???:how many of your Dogs must I kill before you learn?

Raven readied his weapons. He did have questions but he doubted Walter would answer them now or ever. Raven knew this guy was dangerous.

Walter:is that...Sulla?

Sulla jumped down and fired energy missiles toward Raven. He avoided them and fired a few of his own but Sulla avoided them. Raven was forced into the water, Sulla close behind.

Sulla:pitiful dog. I feel sorry for you I really do. You may have survived a little longer with a different master

Sulla fired his plasma weapon.

Raven:are those bubbles?

They didn't feel like bubbles when they hit. They did alot of damage up close so Raven got further away.

Sulla:aw where you going little dog?

Raven went under the bridge to avoid Sulla's missiles.

Raven:who is this guy Boss?

Walter:C1-249 "Sulla" he's an independent Mercenary, one that survived First Gen Augmentation. Don't think twice 621 kill him before he kills you...

That was all Raven needed to hear. He quickly turned around to gace Sulla and rammed him out from under the bridge.

Sulla:fiesty!

They rolled out and stood from the water. Both fired their cannons, the shells hitting each other mid hair. Sulla burst from the smoke and landed a punch on Raven, Sulla dropped his cannon. Raven done the same and was able to grab Sulla's energy missiles pod on his back and ripped it off. Sulla responded by kicking Raven in his right side but Raven rapped his right arm around Sulla's right leg and held it in place. Raven raised his left elbow and left knee and slammed both on the joint of the Sulla's knee, the impact from top and bottom ripped it off the thigh. Sulla fell into the water.

Sulla:why you-!

Raven:dodge this...

Raven fired eight missiles into Sulla, leaving a smoking wreck that was cooled and taken by the waves.

Sulla:Walter...stay away...from the Watchpoint

Raven didn't know how he could even speak after that. He was sure he destroyed the core.

Walter:confirmed enemy AC destroyed

Raven looked down at Sulla's "bubble gun" and took it.

Raven:this will do

It was a replacement for his bazooka. Iris would not be happy.

Raven:Boss...how many of your...Dogs did he kill?

Walter:forget about him 621, you did good today

That thought still pondered in Ravens mind. And that warning...what is he doing here? Raven landed in front of the door and hacked it. He entered the Watchpoint and followed the corridor to a drop. Raven looked down.

Walter:there destroy the device at the centre

He jumped down and landed in front of it. Raven immediately opened fire and destroyed it.

Walter:good job 621, we're done here. Head back to Base

Raven was about to fly back up but...the lights went off and the floor began glowing a deep red.

Walter:wait...no! 621! Get out of there!

Raven flew up a light followed when he looked he was absorbed by a red energy. A Coral explosion...everything was black for Raven. But then he saw a single red light.

???:who are you...?