Authors' Notes

Hey there! I'm one of the writers of this here fan fiction, and my name is Dove ! ( Doveypawstream ) My Author's notes will be in bold ! I'll be the writer of the Sidney chapters , which is a very clumsy gal that I'm happy to write for lol . E & I worked quite hard on this work of fiction , and we're proud to let it be shown to the public ! I love writing each second of this , and I thank you for stumbling across this wonderful mess <3

I'm E (WickedLachance), and my author's notes will be in regular text. I'm the writer for Evelyn Shigaraki/Chance; I'm very thrilled to share my character with you!

Since I'm kind of the admin of this account and story, I'll be taking on the job of explaining how Defy Me has been set up. (READ MY LAST NOTE!)

~ At the beginning of each chapter, the author's separate account will be tagged, followed by either a spade or a heart. The spade indicates a chapter written by me, while a heart represents Dove. The point of view of that chapter will then be underlined and specified because there are one or two chapters that aren't in either Sidney or Evelyn's point of view.

~ Also, Evelyn's chapters will be in first-person POV, while Sidney's will be in third-person. This is just our individual preferences for the characters. The writing style for both characters will be VERY different since Dove and I are practically opposites in this regard.

~ We're both open to constructive criticism, but this story is really just a fun little project we took up two years ago. It's leaning towards being a crack fanfic more than anything, but we hope you give it a chance!

With all that being out of the way, the last thing I want to say is that whether or not we continue this story depends on its success here. It's well over 30,000 words already, so we're giving you plenty of content to judge. If you like what you read, please let us know by voting!

Thank you!