Chapter Fourteen

written by WickedLachance

Kai Chisaki:

Kai Chisaki sat on the violet loveseat within the Shie Hissaikai's underground reception area, anxiously awaiting the arrival of the League of Villains' leader.

While the young leader of the yakuza group had met Tomura Shigaraki before, it didn't go as well as he had anticipated. The encounter ended in bloodshed for both organizations. Personally, Overhaul didn't see either side's loss as a significant one, but the grudge Shigaraki held was frighteningly transparent over the phone. Today, he would undoubtedly be bargaining to obtain what the yakuza owed, and this concerned Chisaki.

As desperately as he needed the League's infamous influence, he very well couldn't compromise any valuable assets for their sake. Chisaki's only debt was an arm, and what was worth an arm to the League? Despite their blatant skill and success, they were still a band of mentally-deranged criminals whose thought process Kai knew little about. As far as his knowledge reached, Shigaraki would request a genuine, dismembered arm, if it was within reason.

Chisaki leaned forward, lightly clasping his gloved hands together. Shigaraki would be bringing a partner, he recalled. Kai, at first, wasn't going to permit this, but he realized that Shigaraki's lack of trust was valid. Plus, he himself would have Kurono and Irinaka with him. It was only fair.

However, Shigaraki didn't mention any details of this silent partner, so Kai, out of boredom, had been considering their identity all morning. He had ruled out Bubaigawara or Toga, given that even the lowly members of the Shie Hissaikai knew that those two were a bit off their rocker. Kurogiri, perhaps? That would be the most practical option, since the warp villain seems to have been with him the longest. What about the other warp Chisaki had heard rumors about though? What was his name...Chase? No, that couldn't be it. Chance, maybe?

Lost in his own speculation, Overhaul didn't hear the telltale sound of the door opening, nor did he acknowledge the three newcomers as they entered the room.

"You had us walking in circles underground for thirty minutes. We're not ants," an irritated visitor calls, not bothering to notice its listener's attention was elsewhere.

Chisaki's sharp eyes reactively flick upwards, landing on the pale figure of Tomura Shigaraki. Per usual, he was enveloped in black attire that included a long-sleeved shirt, loose-fitting pants, and lengthy trench coat. Signs of color remained prominent in his blood-red tennis shoes and powder-blue hair. Completing the look was a chilling, disembodied hand covering his face, which allowed only for his left eye to peek through.

"Are all yakuza strongholds like this?" Shigaraki inquired stiffly.

Kai straightened, briefly wondering if the whitened appendage the man used as a mask was real or purely metaphorical. He quickly dismissed the thought, however, imagining how unsanitary the former would be.

"We don't know who might be watching us or from where. Not all of our guests have the best intentions, so we have a number of routes leading here: an underground reception room where we can be reasonably sure of our privacy," he explained.

"You ever wonder how we survive so long? It's 'cause of little details like that," Irinaka cooed with pride.

"Anyway, down to business. Did you really mean—"

"Who is she?" the golden-eyed yakuza boss interrupted his friend.

Placing herself against the wall adjacent to Kurono, Overhaul had noticed the curious gaze of Shigaraki's companion. Not only did the League have another female member, she was strikingly beautiful with her fine ebony hair. Delightfully long eyelashes framed sharp, burgundy eyes, and the flawless skin serving as their canvas bore a youthful, white glow. Her physique was stout but lanky, lacking the ideal hourglass-figure society pressured women to have, but Overhaul could tell that she carried her weight in all the right places, even through the dark cloak she wore.