Chapter Thirteen

written by Doveypawstream

3rd Person:

"So that's that....what do I do now..?"

Green eyes scanned the room nervously, and the young hero-in-training fluffed up his broccoli-like hair. Izuku Midoriya was sitting with the number one hero All Might in a private meeting room in the dorm hall. He had to disguise himself to get through the doors. No one could know he was small and not as mighty as he made himself out to be in the olden days.

"Well, this could become a problem," All Might spoke, quieter than his student. "It's never happened before, either...so we're left out in the open like crows in a cornfield. This just isn't adding up, young Midoriya."

Midoriya nodded, taking in every word like his life depended on it. He didn't want to out Sidney's friendship with Chance and the others, but he got worried as soon as he had seen them on the rooftops. Like All Might had stated, it could easily become a problem, and both parties would definitely have to fight against each other one day, which Midoriya thought would tear the red-haired girl apart. He knew her far more well than she might know herself.

"Midoriya, I know you might not want to do this," stated the older man, as the younger looked at him with understanding in his eyes. "but you might have to spy on her." The boy's jaw practically hit the floor. Spy on a kid in his class? Izuku could never!! But if it were for the sake of his closest friends...

"B-but...I can't just-" All Might brings a long, skinny finger to the boy's mouth, hushing him quickly.

"Yes you can. It may prove difficult, but it's possible."

The boy sighed, closing his eyes for a good two seconds. He pondered upon how in the heck he was going to actually pull this off, and why the instructions from his sort-of mentor were so dangerous to follow. Who knows what would happen to him if Sidney were to ever find out.

All Might waved his hand, signaling for Midoriya to leave and go get started on his new job. Midoriya gulped, considering all the times he'd probably almost get caught and have a not-literal heart attack.

—----------------------------------------------------

Midoriya snuck around the corner of the dorm building, searching for his target. Part of him was really hurting by doing this; he was usually an honest and good-willed boy. He never thought he'd be doing something like this. But damn it, if All Might wasn't convincing!

He spotted her right then, walking out of the dorm building with the purse she usually carried at her side with her. He waited until she was quite a few steps out the door, then proceeded to follow her. Oh God, he prayed she didn't ask him what he was doing, or spot him for that matter.

Where could she be going?

She was heading to the mall in the city. He saw as she tread over the dirt path that led to the large building full of shops and random places to sit. Midoriya thought it was strange that she hadn't gone with anyone, especially Mina, the most extroverted girl in class 1A.

Sidney stopped abruptly at the door, allowing it to slide open as she walked through. Midoriya followed quickly and silently. The redhead stopped really quickly, turning around as fast as she could. She spotted Midoriya, giving him one of her signature grins as she headed his way. He panicked, looking around for somewhere to hide, but by the time he found a nice-looking bench to hide under, she had already reached him.

"Hey, Midoriya. What're you doing here?" She asked, pure curiosity peaking in her voice.

The boy began to sweat profusely. "Uhh... I came to....um... find a new All Might figurine!" He exclaimed, thankful for the hero figurine store that was in front of him. Sidney turned to look at it, then turned back around. "Well, have fun with that I guess. I don't get why you're so obsessed with figurines when you know the actual All Might."