Chapter Three

written by Doveypawstream

Sidney Morris:

     Sidney paced around her dorm room, kicking at the small green rug that was around the center of her floor. Sighing, she sat down on her bed and tapped a finger against her chin, lost in complete thought. The girl had quite a bit on her mind daily. Her future, her recurring thoughts of tragedy, and more that occupied the depths of her mind. Tying her reddish-ginger hair back into a ponytail with a small cyan-colored holder from her nightstand, she stood back up and walked out of her dorm. However, she did make sure to give herself finger guns in the mirror before making her exit.

As she made her way to the common room that the students of class 1A shared, she took a breath of air. It always smelled like cherry blossoms in the combined space, as Yaoyorozu doused herself in the airy substance every single morning after she woke up. No one had ever complained though. It had a nice scent.

Sidney was a student of class 1A at UA, a prestigious school for those with powerful, testable quirks, which were powers that everyone watched appear one day in the long past. She loved her role as a hero-in-training, and the thought of what she could be someday made her tremble with excitement. She was only 16, but it was okay to dream. Though, speaking of her age, the thought that circled over and over in her mind sounded more ridiculous than ever. After all, the idea was a fleeting thought. Was it even a considerable thing? There was no way in hell someone with their mind in the right place would agree.

Sidney had a loving boyfriend, Shoto Todoroki. They had been dating for a year and a half, ever since Sidney had confessed to him that fateful day. He was also 16, but slightly older by a few months. They met through entrance exams and became quick friends, though their personalities clashed pretty drastically. Sidney was the happy, upbeat one, while Shoto was the quiet and stoic type to those who didn't know him personally.

The girl smiled in memory of telling her best friend, Evelyn, that she had finally confessed. The older woman was part of the League of Villains, a group of the "less-fortunate", as Shoto Aizawa (Class 1A's sleepy professor) had stated their stature in his own words. She didn't commit any serious crimes as far as Sidney knew, but she fell in love with her now-husband, who happened to be the leader of this League. Evelyn had chuckled and told her she was happy for her friend. When Evelyn had gotten married to Tomura Shigaraki, Sidney had been over the moon for her, even though Tomura wasn't exactly the best person to marry. She even begged to help with the wedding. Tomura had been 'a whiny little bitch', as Dabi had put it, and didn't let her help decorate. She was pretty upset about the whole ordeal and refused to forget about it.

Sidney wanted to marry Shoto, but they were both underage, which would make it extremely difficult to get legally married. Who would marry them, anyway? Someone who would risk their role to marry a couple teenagers illegally? The thought seemed absurd if spoken aloud, but in her head, it seemed slightly...possible? She ruffled her own hair with her hand in a stressed-out manner, attempting not to pinch at her neck like she usually did when she was full of thought.

Sidney began to travel from the common room to Shoto's dorm, which was on the boy's side of the dorm hall. She was going to ask him and see what he came up with. He was, in her opinion, the smart one of their relationship. Giggling at that, she knocked on his door.

After a few seconds, her dual-haired lover had answered, smiling lightly as he saw her. Sidney smiled and looked at him in his heterochromatic eyes. The ones she fell in love with in the first place. One was blue, shining brightly, and the other was gray, just a bit more dull.

"May I come in?" She asked politely, deciding she wouldn't be extremely hyper like usual. She stood a bit straighter to make herself more presentable than how she thought she looked on the inside. Excitement and nervousness clutched at her brain, making her ruffle her hair yet again.