Chapter Seven

written by Doveypawstream

Sidney:

Sidney sighed, looking around her room in impatience. She was extremely excited for her wedding, which seemed strange in her opinion. She was usually anxious about big ceremonies at the time of. She surprisingly didn't feel bad at all. Of course, this was a shocker that wasn't expected from her nervous system. She could admit herself that her anxiety was teetering over a ledge.

She then felt a buzz in her back pocket. It was her phone, which she had set to vibrate due to her loud ringtone. It was Yaoyorozu, telling her to come outside and into the common room. She used an emoji, too. Something Sidney wasn't commonly seeing in the rich lady.

Opening her door, she stepped into the floor of the UA common room. She saw Hagakure and Yaoyorozu, sitting on the little couch in the middle of the room. The walls weren't decorated with much color, but the girls radiated a color of their own with colorful pajama attire. Hagakure stood up as Sidney came out, giving her a big hug. "Wow! I can't believe you're getting married!" Sidney couldn't see her eyes, but if she could, she knew they'd be sparkling with joy, like a child's.

The black-haired girl smiled as she saw Sidney enter. "How are you feeling?," Yaoyorozu asked as her friend settled down on the couch next to her. Sidney waved her hand at them with a cat-like smile, eyes closing along with it. She never expected Yaoyorozu to go with an illegal plan. Same thing went for Iida, as they were both class representatives.. He was very intent on changing her mind at first, and when she didn't budge, he decided to go along with it. Yaoyorozu thought it was cute and strangely never denied it. She had told Iida to calm down about it, however.

Yaoyorozu stood up, stretching her arms a little. She was wearing PJ clothes she had slept in, as they had nothing to really do that day except the wedding later on. Sidney was also in sleep wear, pink bunny slippers clinging to her feet and a matching set of grumpy cat pants and a shirt. She honestly looked like she was ready to drink coffee and send her kids off to school. She found this funny, snickering to herself quickly before turning back to the ladies that sat conveniently in the room next to her.

"Do you want to go get ready at my house? I can make us all some tea while we're getting ready!" The girl exclaimed, clasping her hands together in a delighted fashion. Sidney smiled and replied happily. "Sure! It'd be nice to get ready with you guys." She giggled to herself at the way Yaoyorozu always was so passionate about tea. It was strange, but nonetheless, gave the girl character.

Hagakure gave a "yay!" as the three headed out of the common room and towards the exit of the dorm building. Sidney had always wondered what the girl's house had looked like: she was rich, after all. In fact, when dorm inspections were done for a competition the girls had schemed up, her room was packed to the brim. It was beautiful, though.

When they arrived, Yaoyorozu opened the doors and they headed in. The inside was so much bigger than what the teen had expected. It was decorated beautifully, with ivory walls and red carpet-like flooring lining the ground below their feet.

They sat down at a long, glassy table, which Sidney suspected to be the dining room for this large space. Yaoyorozu began prepping some tea from a kettle, and Sidney played with her hair a little, hearing Hagakure gossip about the other boys. "Uraraka reeeeally likes Midoriya!" She gushed, remembering the time they had interrogated the poor Uravity into telling them. "And you don't think we know about how you look at Ojiro?" Her eyes sparkled as she looked at Hagakure. She felt that the girl was blushing, keeping her mouth shut.

The girls drank tea and prepared for the evening ahead together, giggling and cracking jokes as they did. Sidney felt the smallest pulse of anxiety creep under her skin and into her brain. Shuddering, she pinched her arm, attempting to calm the small twinge down. Why would it hit now, of all times? She wasn't even ready yet.

Sidney, Yaoyorozu, and Hagakure headed outside of Yaoyorozu's rather large home. Very long and built quite tall, a random person on the street could tell you a rich person lived there if they were asked.

Hagakure had worn a teal-colored dress with a pearl necklace, a purple heart attached to the end of said necklace. Though she was invisible, Sidney thought she still looked amazing. Sidney, the current bride of the situation, was wearing something different.

The soon-to-be bride was wearing a very light lavender dress, complete with a pair of pants underneath because for whatever reason, wearing pants under a dress or skirt made her feel more secure. Her hair was curled and wavy along the edges, some of it blowing in her face as she allowed the cool breeze to flow through it. Yaomomo had done her hair and suggested make-up, but Sidney refused it kindly.

Yaoyorozu specified the fact that she would be getting dressed at the ceremony place's lady's room. Both girls nodded in understanding, though they didn't understand her resolution. What if she was seen by the groom himself?

"I've got a driver to get us there." Yaoyorozu chimed, sounding even more excited about the event than Sidney felt. To be completely honest, she was really nervous. For a few good seconds, she contemplated if it could actually happen, and if they could keep it a secret. All the UA kids coming knew that it was a secret and to never tell anyone who hadn't been invited unless specifically allowed to.

Brushing off her negative thoughts, she watched as a driver pulled up in a very nice-looking car. Smiling, Yaoyorozu opened the door for her two friends, allowing them to slide in and sit. After a few seconds passed, she hopped in as well, and they were on their way to the place where Sidney's wedding would be held.

"How're you feeling, Sid?" Hagakure asked, curiosity peaking in her tone.

Sidney put a hand to her cheek out of nervous habit, giggling for a second. "Well, I feel good about it, just nervous is all. It'll go away, definitely." She attempted to convince herself of this the entire ride there.

"You got this!" Yaoyorozu spoke up, her smile now soft and her voice delicate. Sidney felt reassured by the girl, smiling back and removing the hand from her face. Maybe Yaoyorozu was right.

When they arrived, Hagakure was the first to step out. She gasped as she saw the site of the wedding. "It's so pretty here!" She exclaimed. Sidney nodded politely, kicking at small rocks with her heels, making sure not to trip and break her neck. The nervousness had gone down when Yaoyorozu had reassured her, but it built back up as she stepped out and looked at the building. Thoughts of pro heroes showing up scared the living hell out of her, but she wouldn't let that stop her now.

The anxiety clenched Sidney's inner thoughts, clouding anything else. She gulped and cleared her throat, bringing her hand to rest on her cheek out of pure habit.

She watched as Yaoyorozu and Hagakure headed towards the doors. Yaoyorozu looked back for Sidney, motioning for her to follow them. She shook her head, muttering; "I'll be inside in a few. Just gimme some time.."

They walked in, leaving her in the outside world. She clutched the neck of her dress, coughing. Nervousness and anxiety in general had always been a problem for Sidney. She had no clue why; only tried to solve it with simple tricks she googled for those types of problems. She also consulted her therapist for problems such as these, who taught her all the breathing techniques she should know for panic attacks. "In...one, two, three, four," she thought in her mind, taking a breath.

She got out her phone, calming a bit when she realized she could text Evelyn and maybe get her best friend to help calm her down. She was good at that, Sidney knew from experience, from all the times she'd been anxious before and Evelyn had been able to assist.

She pulled up Evelyn's contact, known as Eve <3 in her phone, and began to text;

"Dude, do you think you could come outside, to the front entrance? I'm getting really nervous and it's getting really bad... I'm sorry, I know it's a bad time to act like a chicken but I just can't get rid of it on my own. Jitters suck. Please help."

–End–