Chapter Sixteen

written by WickedLachance

Evelyn:

Kai Chisaki: the man who murdered Big Sis Magne. Her upper half was torn to nothingness. The magnet that lays vacant against the wall next to me is proof of that. All Toga and Jin could do was watch, the latter blaming himself for bringing the vile thug to meet with them. In a retaliation to the attack, Atsuhiro's arm was lost, and not even Tomura's unguarded touch was able to properly exact revenge.

"Their plan has some serious potential, so from today on, Toga and Twice will be yakuza members," the decay-user in question was saying.

Although, certainly, he knows that, out of the eight members the League of Villains' has left, grief has hit those two the hardest. Overhaul couldn't have been aware of this, could he? No. He'd have no way of knowing. All of this, his request to utilize Toga and Twice's abilities specifically, is by chance. Tomura would never acknowledge their personal feelings directly though. Loss or not, there's still a job to do.

"Evy, is he really serious about this?" Toga quietly asks, leaning closer to me.

My head nods stiffly, keeping my eyes trained upon Twice and Tomura, neither of which seemed to notice the interruption.

"I don't find this joke humorous. That's hilarious, Shigaraki!" exclaims a baffled Twice.

Tomura ignores his outburst, beginning a slow pace around the room. "I was going to give them Kurogiri too, but I held out. He's got his own job to do right now, so there's no way I can spare him. It's too important."

I kick the metallic desk beneath me, unable to contain myself any longer. "Then let me go! I'm the one he wanted anyways!"

I can't see his face, but I can tell by the way his body suddenly tensed that Tomura's scowling. "I already told you no. Why do I have to keep repeating myself?"

I huff, standing in preparation to argue, however, Twice beats me to it by grabbing Tomura by his shoulder. It isn't threatening, by any means, but it's enough to show his discontent.

"What are you thinking with this crap?" he exclaims. "Stop pretending everything is cool! Why are you letting this beak-faced loser give you orders? He killed Big Sis Magne, and he took Mr. Compress's arm! Did you just forget?"

My heart begins a painful throb as my friend takes his wounded head between his hands.

"And it's all my fault. I brought him to meet with you," he trembles.

He lifts his gray mask, tears and sweat creating a salty mixture down his face. "I may be a villain, but I'm human too. We all are, man."

He turns to face us in our little corner. "Come on, Toga, Evelyn. Don't you agree with me?"

I exhale, feeling the tension of the room grow as I try to collect myself. Perhaps it's my empathy, but seeing Jin in such a state has caused a bud of anxiety to sprout in my chest. The rageful outburst I had a minute ago certainly didn't do much to my benefit either, since I was almost immediately shut down by the so-called love of my life.

At least Toga is indifferent, I note, watching as the blonde hops off the desk, radiating with an effortless confidence.

She begins an elegant twirl towards the two men. "To me, the League is a place where I feel at home.

"I joined you 'cause of Mr. Stainy. To make the world a place where I can do whatever I want and live freely."

Out of the corner of my eye, I swear I see Dabi's eyes roll, but my attention is quickly diverted when Toga pulls out a knife.