Year 3: A Worker Dis. Drone POV

Okay, so  as I was writing this chapter and taking into account the ship that was voted in, I had not taken into account to check my direct messages, which I do check if you don't like to comment for whatever reason. There were apparently more J and X votes so I have had too rewrite this chapter to deal with that as I had an error on my part. Sorry for this inconvenience. This chapter would have been out sooner but as I said, had to rewrite. Sorry, and I'll do better in the future. Enjoy the chapter!

It's been a little over 2 years since N, V, and J have arrived on Copper-9 and it has been an interesting experience to say the least. In his time of being around them, they have all began to treat him more like a casual friend. But the still knew his position, so they didn't question some decisions he has made.

Over the years they have been there, they have exterminated well over 50,000 Worker drones. Like he saw the first time he met them, they continued to build their corpse spire higher and higher with the bodies they disposed of.

It has gotten well above many of the buildings around in height, and X is honestly impressed with the result. Which is a massive area to rest inside without the sunlight hitting them. While X was impressed, he was also kind of jealous as his tiny shack couldn't compare to their spire.

Besides that, he also got to know his squad more.

He learned J was very loyal to the company and also now him as he is their new leader. She also seems to hold a lot of respect for him and his experience, which he takes pride in.

X learned V also holds a lot of respect towards him and his strength, which he was also happy about. She seemed to always be nearby him as well because surprisingly, she was interested in his features as a Mk.2 Disassembly drone.

While those two were interesting, he found N as a relatable one to talk to. N told him that all he wants to to is be useful, since he was given this job he always wants to do his best. X found this very admirable about N, and pushed him to do so over the years.

A little after their landing he had asked them to duel him one on one style to see where each of them stood with fighting prowess individually. While together, they are formidable, but separate them and they are less so.

Don't get him wrong, X knew they were good fighters as a Disassembly Drone should be. But he knew he could refine their strengths.

So every once in a while they would train, and he learned even more from that. X thought back to his duels with them and what he learned during them.

MIni-Flashback Sequence

X and V were currently dueling and it was intense. Both X and V had their swords deployed and V had X on guard.

Her fighting style was relentless, never giving him breathing room to calculate his next move. But, this also made her sloppy.

X(thinking): Hm, she's good but to aggressive. It makes her sloppy and more prone to small mistakes. Like this hole in her form.

V lunges at X aiming for her swords to puncture X, only for him to dodge slightly to the right and V falls to the ground while X points his sword to her visor.

V: Wha-?

X: Your a good fighter V, aggressive and you don't give any breathing room in your attacks. But, that makes you sloppy. You don't notice your own weak points that can be exploited, so that's what we will work on.

V nods slowly, still recoiling from the loss. X holds out a hand to help her up, and smiles.

X: Don't worry V, I'll help you along the way.