Chapter 6: Enlightenment

When they came back from the surface, Y/n go straight to Deputy Chief Office for Andersen's judgement. Which is,

Andersen:"You're hereby banished."

Y/n:"...why's that ?" Although he know the reason why, but he still wanted to asked about it.

Andersen:"My orders were for you to investigate the power station. Not destroy it. Thanks to your little display up there, the power station was damaged beyond repair. All those materials, those facilities, gone. Wiped off the map. Two months. Those resources could have supported the entire Ark for two months. Now it's all been flushed down the drain, thanks to you and those Nikkes. Do you have anything to say for yourself ?"

Y/n:"Well I... No, I have nothing to say."

Andersen:"Of course you don't. Nothing you say could've possibly excuse what you what you've done here. As of today, you and your squad are to be driven out of the Ark and banished to the Outpost. A barren wasteland. No man's land. But don't worry yourself too much. There are atleast some resources available there. And I'll arrange an escort for you. Consider yourselves lucky I haven't throw you all into a rehabilitation center."

Y/n:"What about Rapi ?"

Andersen:"She's undergoing maintenance and will be joining you once that is all finished. Now go pack your things and get out of my sight."

Y/n:"..." 'man that's cold...' And so, Y/n take his leave and get out of Andersen's sight. He told his team to pack their stuffs cause they are going to somewhere else to live.

Back at the Deputy Chief Office, Andersen is seen talking to Ingrid, the CEO of Elysion.

Andersen:"Any update on combat report ?"

Ingrid:" I've just finished analyzing it."

Andersen:"Well ?"

Ingrid:"In a nutshell, I wouldn't consider them to be particularly proficient in actual combat scenarios either. The Raptures at the power station are different beasts compared to their brethen."

Andersen:"Their squad managed to avoid all those creatures and escape with their lives."

Ingrid:"Something's not right. But I just can't put my finger on it yet. It's worth investigating further."

Andersen:"That's why they are sent to the Outpost. There is no better place to avoid the eyes of the all-seeing Central Government."

Ingrid:"One more thing."

Andersen:"I assume you're referring to how those Raptures were able to operate human machinery ?"

Ingrid:"Could it mean've that they are evolving ?"

Andersen:"What's their end game ?"

Ingrid:"It's one of two possibilities. They either want to wiped out the entire human race. Or they want to replace them."

Y/n:'Well Jesus Christ...' Y/n, who have been listen to the whole conversation between Andersen and Ingrid, knowing all of these information, he decided to keep it rather than telling his team cause well, it's not really the time for that. And for why he was able to listen to the conversation, he created a Drone, the purple machine from Ultrakill. He basically using the Rapture parts to created it, but as small as possible and put it to hide somewhere in the Office. 

Thanks to it, he was able to listen to the conversation between Ingrid and Andersen, this one and the one from before, too. He did this in secret cause he doesn't want any of his teammates to related to his doings. Although he understand that the consequences of doing this is resulted with him being executed. But still, what have been done cannot be undone, so he just let it be.