Chapter 7: Bouquet

[Man this is gonna be a long ass chapter man. Also, I ain't gonna abandon this story though, I'll tried and write both Zero-One story and this story in the same week although I don't have that much free time cause of school and a bit of laziness too. But anyway, let's get to work.]

[There will be some later chapters spoilers so read with precaution.]

The team decided to walk for a while, fighting some Raptures that just like cockroaches, ending them real quick, and back to walking. Until,

Rapi:"Let's set up a camp here."

Y/n:"Set up a camp ?"

Rapi:"Yes, visibility is poor right now, and you need to rest."

Y/n:"Need to rest my ass, but can't denied that I'm a bit tired, and yeah I don't I can see through darkness like this."

Rapi:"Let's get inside one of these bombed-out buildings and place decoys around a 500m perimeter. That should give us 4 hours or so."

Anis:"It's been a long time since I camped on the surface."

Neon:"First time for me! Should we get a fire going ?"

Rapi:"This isn't the camp-out where we roast marshmallows by the campfire."

Y/n:'Atleast it's better than doing nothing bruh.'

Mihara:"We'll get started on the decoys."

Rapi:"No. I'll go. You go ahead and rest."

Mihara:"..."

Yuni:"Mihara, I'm tired."

Mihara:"You sure ? Thanks."

And so, Rapi goes and place decoys, while Y/n decided to take a rest on the hard floor cause well, it's not really one of those good time where you have a bed or anything. Anis and Neon are well, doing whatever they want, same goes for Mihara and Yuni. Soon after, Yuni falls asleep on Mihara's knees.

Anis:"Mihara."

Mihara:"What's wrong ?"

Anis:"What's going on between you and Yuni ?"

Mihara:"Huh ? What make you ask ?"

Anis:"It feels to me that Yuni is very dependent on you."

Mihara:"Dependent ? Yuni ? You're way off base. we both rely on each other. We have no choice. When two people are together, they're like 2 gears in perfect sync. Yuni and I are crooked gears. No one else fits with us."

Anis:"..."

Mihara:"But sometimes, two crooked gears can be a perfect match. That is how I met Yuni. Neither of us is perfect, but we're perfect for each other. I realize how strange we must seem to people on the outside looking in."

Neon:"No, I didn't. It's kind... sweet."

Mihara:"...Thank you."

Anis:"A crooked gear..."

Mihara:"All right, your turn."

Anis:"Hmm ?"

Mihara:"You've been working with Rapi for a long time, haven't you ? I can tell. Neon, on the other hand, must be new."

Y/n:"Because she's basically is."

Neon:"Well, it's a secret, but I'm actually a spy."

Anis:"Yep, a real whopper of a secret."

Mihara:"Wow, no kidding ?"

Anis:"We... yes. We all have our problems. Or maybe defects is a better word."