Prologue

Your father was a vedymin (similar to a witcher in terms of "powers"). Your mother was a shapeshifter and princess to the Demnia Kingdom. He saved her after she was kidnapped by a warlock trying to destroy the rule your grandfather created. Eventually, during the long return to the kingdom, they fell in love. Soon after, a plague befell the land, killing most of the citizens, including your grandparents, leaving your parents to rule. Your mother never wished to rule, so your father took up the mantle and became one of the most revered rulers their ever was. He was kind yet firm. After years of peace, you would think they had everything. But they never had the one thing they wanted most. Children. Your father, being what he was, could not have children. Your mother searched for a long time in any way possible. Eventually, she was told of a being out in the swamp said to be able to fix anything. She went to this being; a being from another realm. She told your mother that she could give her the child she wished for but demanded something in return. 3 years after the birth of the child, her soul would belong to her. Simply, she would die. She accepted the beings proposal, thinking that even having this child and providing the love of her life with this gift is worth it.

Within a few months, she became with child, and nine months later, you were born. Born with your fathers abilities. The first vedymin to be born and the first female vedymin.

Vedymin was a dying breed. They could only be created, and the ability to create one had been lost long ago. They also could only be male. Something in the process killed any female that tried. So this surprised everyone, including your parents. Your mother knew her time frame, and so did your father. She had to tell him sense he couldn't produce children. He didn't accept it, but the deal was already done. He tried to stop it, but nothing succeeded. What they didn't expect was another small surprise. In the last year she became with child again. Your brother, Jongho. She died giving birth to him. Father was heartbroken but knew he had 2 children to care for, and you were both a handful. Your brother was born with your mother's shape-shifting abilities. Between your abilities and his shifting (mainly into a bear), your father had his hands full. So, he worked on teaching you both control. That then led to teaching you to fight and rule, and you were next in line. That was until your kingdom went to war with the neighboring kingdom of Tamek. Demina didn't survive, your father was killed, and you went on the run with your brother.

Eventually, you would become known as the "Vedymin Hybrid." A well known and at times, feared monster hunter along with your brother. No one knew of his ability as, over the years, shape-shifting became feared and hated. It's seen as a curse. No one knew of your true lineage, and they never will. You eventually met Seonghwa, a spellcaster and healer, that took you in while when on the run for your lives, as assassins came. He is a former dark mage who fell down the deep hole into blood magic to try and save the one he loved. When you met, he had secluded himself from the outside world, choosing exile. But He saw you and your brother fighting for your life and took you in. You help him see how much light magic could help protect you and your brother and study the way. He took Jongho as his assistant, teaching him simple spells. He became family. Next was San, the fallen soul, the paladin, who is full of stories for the many years he's lived. You worked together on many a hunt and became a dependable memeber on those hunts. Eventually, he fell into another party. One that started out as, let's say, a rival in a way. Hongjoong, the pirate theif and captain of the group......or so he thinks. You two have a unique relationship. Then his partner in crime, Wooyoung. Explosives expert and poison specialist. That one likes to mess with Jongho. Not much is known of their past, and they like it that way. You started off competing over the same bounties, occasionally working together. Then they would betray you, steal from you, you would steal it back, and so on.

Little did you know how much their destinys would become intertwined with yours.