Chapter Twenty-Eight

We were quick in grabbing our stuff. And even though these people were criminals, and deserved to wake up with not one item in their possession, the only thing I took was what was mine and once I was done, I shot a look towards Alaban, who nodded and hopped onto his horse. I looked to Narvi, but he was messing with some kind of orb that he had snatched off of one of the sleeping bandits.

I frowned and made my way over to him, causing him to jump when I placed my hand on his shoulder to get his attention. When those light blue eyes flickered to me, I looked at the object in his hand and shook my head, mouthing to him to put it back. He pouted, looking back down at the small orb, before he huffed and dropped it next to the sleeping body he initially plucked it from.

I then turned and hopped onto my horse, before I turned and held out a hand towards Narvi—helping the moon dragon behind me before I nodded towards Alaban and began galloping away. Sure, it was downpouring by this point, and lightning flashed every so often as we sped off. But I mean, I wanted to get as far away from the bandits as we could. I didn't want to be caught unawares and have something worse happen to us.

We even eventually swerved off the trail after about two hours. We were completely drenched and wanted nothing more than to find a spot to set up camp and get out of this harsh rain.

I was honestly miserable, between the pain in my thigh and the soaking clothes of mine rubbing my skin wrong. I wanted to eat and sleep, and I hoped to the gods I didn't catch a cold in the middle of our journey, because that would absolutely suck.

By the grace of the gods, we managed to find a flat enough space to set up camp, and after about ten minutes of Alaban and me setting up the tent, we were finally under its protective...rain proof material.

Narvi was the first to settle down, once we got everything in place, and eventually ended up curled up on my side of the tent in a tight little ball, his thin form shivering from the cold. Alaban was currently attempting to detangle that blond hair of his, and after a moment, those amber eyes flickered over to me when he no doubt noticed my staring.

"Rainy days are not a favorite of mine," he spoke, finishing the last chunk of his hair before he sighed and grabbed some of our rations.

I nodded. "I can understand that." I then pursed my lips and winced as I shifted my weight more onto the side that wasn't currently pulsing in pain. "Then again, I don't mind rainy days if I don't have to leave the confines of my home."

Alaban seemed to notice my little wince, and so he grabbed a bag and moved closer to me, before that golden glaze flickered to meet mine. "Take your trousers off." He said simply.

And...I admit my mind went to something less...pure, and I had to mentally shake the thought of...ah, the lewd things that initially popped in there at Alaban's question. My cheeks also began to burn, and I hated that I was so pale, because I knew Alaban would easily be able to tell that I was flustered.

"Your leg is still in pain, yes?" The man in question asked, his eyes swimming with amusement at my reddened and flustered state. When I nodded my head, the sun dragon continued, and began rummaging in the bag he brought with him. "I figured. It wasn't properly dressed or even cleaned, and I would rather you not gain an infection from this. Now that we have our supplies back," he pulled out a clear jar, half filled with some kind of clear, gelatinous substance, and also pulled out some proper bandages, "I can properly clean and dress it. It would be easier for me to do that...were you not wearing pants. So..."

I cleared my throat awkwardly. "R-Right. Of course. Um..." Face burning in embarrassment, I grabbed the ties of my trousers and peeked up at Alaban—seeing that golden gaze flicker away in some semblance of privacy.