Chapter 1

-Y/N's POV-

I'm just an ordinary student, immersed in the captivating world of History, specializing in the realms of Mythology and folklore. The tales of ancient gods and goddesses have always held me spellbound, with their abundant drama and intricate intrigue—a stark contrast to the everyday monotony of my life.

As the morning sun spills into my apartment, a privilege bestowed upon me thanks to my father's ownership of this building, I'm greeted by the familiar comforts of two spacious bedrooms, two pristine bathrooms, a well-appointed kitchen, an inviting dining area, and a generous living space. It's a sizeable abode, yet the tranquility within these walls remains as undisturbed as ever.

Living alone since my mother's passing, she sacrificed her life to save mine, and my father, though physically present, had grown emotionally distant as a result. Despite his remarriage, meaningful conversations between us had become a rarity. Our interactions usually revolved around updates on my activities and whereabouts.

Nevertheless, he fulfilled his parental duties by providing me with more than enough to sustain myself— a generous monthly allowance of 50,000 Euros that often went untouched, as I preferred to earn my spending money through part-time jobs while juggling my studies.

Many would consider me privileged, but I felt disconnected from that world. As I am now, I found little reason to truly live. Rising from my bed, I performed my morning routine, showered, and wrapped a towel around my waist. Alone, I brushed my teeth and proceeded to the kitchen, where I started cooking. The water on the stove began to boil as I dressed.

I glanced at my phone but found nothing of interest, except for news about a Chroma concert. I might as well get tickets. Returning to the stove, I finished preparing a quick and easy breakfast—ramen. I ate in silence, for there was no one to converse with and nothing to discuss. As I ate, I watched some Vanossgaming videos.

With a few minutes to spare before I had to leave for class, I settled at my study desk and began sketching in my notebook. In this solitary routine, I found a semblance of solace.

Completing my drawing of Aphrodite, the goddess of love and passion, I carefully inscribed her name at the top of the image before I started writing an entry to accompany the artwork

Completing my drawing of Aphrodite, the goddess of love and passion, I carefully inscribed her name at the top of the image before I started writing an entry to accompany the artwork. This particular notebook had been my constant companion since childhood. Despite filling countless pages with drawings and detailed entries about mythological figures, it never showed any signs of thinning or wearing down. It was as if it possessed an enchanting, everlasting quality.

 It was as if it possessed an enchanting, everlasting quality