Chapter 3

It's been a month since i've been sent to this world, while here I helped out the family despite them insisting that i was a guest, but i've been staying here for a month and i don't want to leech from them, so i decided to work for them for the time.

One sunny morning, as I helped Leonidas prepare for a hunting expedition, I took a moment to strike up a conversation.

Me: "Leonidas, I really appreciate your family's hospitality" I began, adjusting the straps on the hunting gear. "But I can't help but feel like I should be doing more to earn my keep."

Leonidas smiled warmly as he checked his bow.

Leonidas: "Y/N, you've already helped us a great deal. Your presence has brought some cheer to our home, especially for Nikaia. We're thankful for your help, We might as well adopt you into the family."

His words touched me, and I nodded in gratitude.

Me: "Thank you, Leonidas. I just want to make sure I'm contributing my fair share."

Leonidas: "Well, we appreciate your willingness to help. Now, let's focus on the hunt. Today, we'll try to bring back a good catch for the family." He handed me a boar spear. "You know how to use this?" he asked.

I nodded, contemplating my limited knowledge of ancient weaponry. I had studied ancient warfare, so in theory, it should translate to using a boar spear, but I couldn't help but wish for a more familiar firearm instead. As I readied the rest of the supplies, my thoughts drifted to the upcoming festival of Aphrodite. I was curious to see how they celebrated it here.

Callista: "Y/N?" The family's matriarch suddenly appeared around the corner. "Something has arrived at the doorstep, and it's addressed to you," she announced, her words making me instinctively check my pendant, which had briefly glowed before fading.

I walked over to her, and she set a leather bag on the table. It was about four feet long and appeared to be securely tied at the opening. The quality of the leather was exceptional, raising my suspicions.

I undid the end of the bag, and Leonidas and Callista exchanged curious glances as they watched me unveil its contents. I stood the bag upright, slid down the cover, and to my astonishment, revealed a military bolt-action rifle, complete with a bayonet.

 I stood the bag upright, slid down the cover, and to my astonishment, revealed a military bolt-action rifle, complete with a bayonet

Leonidas: "What's that?" Leonidas walked over to me and inspects the rifle. I opened the bolt for him and let him look inside "Looks like a mechanism is inside."

Me: "Well this is a rifle. It's a type of weapon that uses something called 'gunpowder' to propel a small metal ball, called a 'bullet,' at high speed towards a target."

Leonidas nodded, trying to grasp the concept.

Me: "Now, this part here," I pointed to the stock, "is where you hold it. This is the 'barrel,' and it's where the bullet comes out from when you fire it."