Chapter Three

The spacious living room of Tankhun was filled with laughter and the sound of children's cartoons. Tankhun had decided to spend his day playing with Pete's children, Venice and Seoul. He had a knack for bribing them with their favorite shows and snacks, and it seemed to be working like a charm. Venice, with his easygoing nature, was already engrossed in his favorite cartoon, while Seoul, the tougher nut to crack, required Pete's presence before she allowed Tankhun to hold her while they watched.

Even Arm and Pol were drawn into the world of children's cartoons. Amidst the animated characters on the screen, Pol brought up a different topic.

"Hey Arm, do you have a suit for the main family's company anniversary?" Pol inquired, his eyes still fixed on the TV.

Arm glanced over at Pol and contemplated his response. "I'll just wear the dark blue suit I used during Khun Macau's wedding," he finally replied.

Pete, who had been listening to the conversation while keeping an eye on the children, furrowed his brow. "What are you guys talking about?" he asked, feeling like he was missing something important.

"Have you forgotten? It's the main family's company's anniversary. That's two weeks from now." Pol said. Arm chimed in, "Everyone had been planning it for months, and it was set to take place in the grand hall of Khun Tay's hotel."

Pete nodded, realizing he had completely forgotten about the event amidst his busy schedule. He had been focused on spending quality time with his kids and his work. Arm then turned his attention to Pete's attire for the gala.

"What are you planning to wear, Pete?" Arm inquired, curious about Pete's intentions.

Pete considered the question for a moment before replying with a soft smile. "I'd rather stay here at the mansion with my kids."

Pol, who knew Tankhun's determination, couldn't help but comment, "Khun Noo will definitely drag you to that party, you know."

Pete smiled, a hint of nostalgia in his eyes, as he replied, "Khun Noo is not the same Khun Noo as before. He'll understand if I choose to stay with my kids on that day."

Arm and Pol exchanged glances, silently acknowledging Pete's sentiment. Arm decided to take the matter into his own hands and called Tankhun.

"Khun Noo," Arm began cautiously.

Tankhun hissed, "If you're about to say something unimportant, I'll strangle you."

Arm chuckled nervously before getting to the point. "Pete doesn't want to go to the anniversary gala. He'd rather stay in the mansion with his kids."

Tankhun's eyes widened in disbelief. "What?!" he exclaimed. Gently laying Seoul in her baby chair, Tankhun approached Pete. He firmly stated, "You're coming to the gala with me."

Pete sighed, trying to explain his reasons. "Khun Noo, I just got back, and I still need to spend time with my children and catch up on things."

Tankhun wasn't buying it. "Bullshit. You need to get out and have some fun. Besides, I hired a nanny for Venice and Seoul, so you can work and play with me."

Pete attempted to persuade Tankhun, pointing out that he needed more training and time with his kids. But Tankhun had a different idea. He turned to Venice, who was still engrossed in the TV and adopted a sweet tone.

"Ohh Venice, come here, my prince" Tankhun called, catching the boy's attention. Venice looked at his Uncle Tankhun, curiosity in his eyes but still stood up and approached Tankhun. 

Tankhun asked Venice for his opinion, a mischievous glint in his eye. "What do you think, Ven-ven? Should your Papa come with me to a party and dress up in a pretty suit?"