Chapter Twelve

A/N: Hey everyone! Sorry for the late update. I've seen your comments and messages. Thanks for liking the story! I'm happy it brings some comfort, especially during these times (sending warm hugs to Bubbles out there). Anyway, we're halfway through the story, and although I initially planned for 20 chapters, after reviewing the plot, it might be 24 or 25 chapters. Let's see how it goes. A lot will happen, and I hope you stick around until the end. Enjoy this chapter!

---

The garage hummed with the steady rhythm of machinery and the occasional clink of tools as Macau meticulously inspected his motorbike. In the dim light, the scent of motor oil lingered, creating an atmosphere of familiarity and shared history. At that moment, Vegas strolled into the garage, his gaze fixed on the mechanical beauty before him.

Lost in the routine of bike maintenance, Macau looked up and saw Vegas. "Hi, Hia! Checking your kid?" Macau was talking about Vegas' motorbike. Vegas just nodded and went to his side of the garage.

Macau suddenly sighs and smiles, "Who would have thought, in 13 years, we'd be standing here, doing this while having the life we want? You're the head family of the minor family while being the CEO of the Theerapanyakul Industrial Company while I, being the president of a food manufacturing company have a beautiful wife and son."

Vegas, absorbed in the intricacies of his motorcycle, paused and glanced at his brother. "Life is unpredictable, isn't it? Pa and Ma would probably be proud of what we've become."

Macau nodded, a faint smile playing on his lips. "You know, Hia, I know that Pa and Ma are proud of you because I do. You are different from the man you used to be."

Vegas looked up, meeting Macau's gaze. "Really?"

Macau nodded sincerely. "Absolutely. You've carried the weight of the family with grace."

Vegas acknowledged the sentiment with a nod, grateful for his brother's acknowledgment. "Thanks, Macau. I appreciate that."

A comfortable silence settled between them before Vegas broke it, his expression turning more serious. "Can I ask you something, Macau?"

"Sure thing," Macau replied, setting down his tool, his attention fully on Vegas.

"When I have amnesia, why didn't you tell me about Pete?" Vegas inquired, his eyes searching Macau's face for answers.

Macau sighed, his gaze shifting to the concrete floor of the garage. "I wanted to, Hia, believe me. When I arrived at the hospital and found out Pa was gone, and you were unconscious, it was too much for me. But P'Pete was there. He took care of both of us."

As Macau recounted the days following their father's passing, Vegas listened intently. "When you woke up and didn't remember him, he felt terrible. I don't know what to do. But I overheard P'Khun, P'Kinn, and P'Porsche discussing it. They believed it was better for your safety from Uncle Korn, and for you to start anew, without the weight of the past."

Macau confessed that he had grappled with the decision not to tell Vegas about Pete, despite his desire to do so. "I thought it was the best for you to move on, and for P'Pete to have a chance at a new life."

Vegas absorbed the revelation, a mix of emotions crossing his face. Gratitude for Macau's protective instinct warred with the realization that a significant part of his past had been deliberately hidden from him. "Thanks for making that decision, Macau, even though you were just a kid back then. You looked out for me when I should be the one looking out for you. You practically raised me,"

Macau chuckled, the tension in the air dissipating. "Well, if I did raise you, then I think I did a pretty good job."

The brothers shared a laugh, the camaraderie between them stronger than ever. As they continued to work on their motorbikes, the conversation shifted to lighter topics, blending seamlessly with the ambient sounds of the garage, creating a space where the bonds of family and shared history were reaffirmed.