Chapter Thirteen

Pete fidgeted near the door at the main entrance of the family mansion, his phone in hand, waiting for Vegas. A message had buzzed a while ago, promising Vegas's arrival in just five minutes. Tankhun emerged from the mansion, flanked by Arm and Pol.

"Hey, Pete, make sure to update me every hour, okay? I don't want Vegas kidnapping you or something," Tankhun said with a stern expression.

Pete chuckled nervously. "No worries, Tankhun. I'm just accompanying Vegas to meet Khun Roy."

Tankhun rolled his eyes. "If I know, Vegas just wants to hang out with you."

Pete raised an eyebrow. "It's not like that. It's work. I will represent the main family in that."

Sighing, Tankhun replied, "I really hope so."

Just then, an SUV pulled up in front of the entrance, and Vegas stepped out from the passenger's seat. He looked effortlessly cool in a black long-sleeve shirt that accentuated his well-built frame, paired with casual pants and shoes.

"Good morning, P'Khun, Pete, Arm, and Pol," Vegas greeted them. Pete, Arm, and Pol wai-ed at Vegas in respect while Tankhun eyed Vegas's attire skeptically. "You're wearing that for a meeting?"

Vegas nodded. "Yes, P'Khun. It's a request from Khun Roy to avoid attention in a public place. No need for formality."

"You look like you're going on a date rather than a meeting," Tankhun wasn't convinced. "Where are your bodyguards?"

Vegas gestured towards the waiting convoy outside. "They're right there, Phi. Thank you for letting Pete accompany me."

Tankhun sighed, turning away. "Sure. Bring back my bodyguard as soon as possible or I will castrate you. Understand?"

"Yes, P'Khun," Vegas said before Tankhun re-entered the mansion. Arm and Pol bid farewell to Pete, bowing respectfully to Vegas. Pete approached the SUV, intending to take the front seat, but Nop was already sitting there. With a shrug, Pete settled into the passenger seat next to Vegas. The SUV rumbled to life, driving away from the mansion as Nop briefed them about the upcoming meeting with Roy.

An hour later, in the bustling atmosphere of a coffee shop nestled within a well-known mall, Pete, Vegas, and their entourage of guards convened for what seemed like a routine meeting. Vegas engaged in conversation with Roy, while Pete chatted away with Nop at a nearby table. Roy was discussing a new shipment when he noticed that Vegas was distracted.

"Vegas, are you listening?" Roy waved his hand in front of Vegas. Vegas looked at Roy. He offered a quick apology to Roy, "I'm sorry. What was that?"

Roy followed Vegas's line of sight. His sharp eyes caught Pete's presence, and he remarked, "He's not one of your guards, is he? Doesn't seem like he's from a minor family."

Vegas confirmed Roy's observation with a simple "Yes." He explained, "Pete represents the main family."

A smile played on Roy's lips as he continued, "A main family guard, huh? I heard a little tale about you and a guard from the main family."

Intrigued, Vegas prodded, "What did you hear?"

Roy leaned in, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Something about you holding a main family guard hostage after he spied on the minor family mansion and maybe catching feelings, but things not working out in the end."

A heavy sigh escaped Vegas. Roy's raised eyebrow and smirk prompted him to ask the question lingering in his mind, "Was it him?"

"It's none of your business," Vegas muttered before sipping his coffee.