Chapter Four

A/N: I just want to make a clarification. I forgot that Vegas and Tay got engaged 4 years before Vegas went to the island to meet Pete after he regains his memories (refer to the extended epilogue of my fic 'Forgotten Memory'). So, in this story, the engagement happened around 5 years ago. I really suggest that before reading this fic, read Forgotten Memory first. Yes, most of you don't like VegasTay ship but that (FM) and this fic (CM) is a VegasPete fic and I'm a VegasPete shipper. I will always want a happy ending for them. Also, I love your comments. Keep it coming because it inspires me to write more. It's a long journey for Vegas and Pete so sit back and enjoy this update.

---

The grand hall of the Lerttravinont family's hotel was a sight to behold on the day of the anniversary gala. It was a gathering of the who's who in the business world, and even though they were all dressed to impress, it was hard to differentiate between the legitimate businessmen and the mafia people. The air was thick with the scent of expensive cologne and the murmur of conversations.

Tankhun arrived with his three favorite bodyguards, who were as impeccably dressed as he was. To the untrained eye, they looked like a group of impeccably dressed friends, especially Pete, who looks ethereal in his suit. Pete was in his bodyguard mode as he kept a vigilant eye on their surroundings as Tankhun exchanged pleasantries with people he had known for years.

As Pete scanned the room, his eyes caught a glimpse of Vegas, who was engrossed in conversation with three Caucasian men. Vegas looked devilishly handsome in his white dress shirt, maroon coat with black lapel, black pants, and leather shoes. His hair was casually styled, but it only added to his overall charm. 

Arm touched Pete's arm, causing him to turn and meet his friend's gaze. Arm leaned in and spoke softly, "You and Pol should check the vicinity. Stay sharp."

Pete nodded in agreement, and he and Pol both went in different directions to discreetly monitor the crowd.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the hall, Kinn, Porsche, and Tay engaged in a lively conversation. The guests keep glancing at them since they are incredibly handsome and well-dressed. However, their conversation was interrupted by Kim's arrival. Kim had been away since he was working abroad as an indie but famous singer and at the same time, he managed the international meeting for their family.

Kinn pats his brother's back, "I'm glad you made it!" he said. Kim shrugged casually, "I happened to be free tonight, so I thought I'd drop by. Where is P'Khun?" he asked.

"He's here somewhere. Maybe talking to some business friends," Porsche informed him. Kim nodded, accepting the explanation.

Suddenly, Tay hissed under his breath, drawing the attention of Kinn, Porsche, and Kim. They followed Tay's gaze to the entrance of the hall, where Time was making his way into the event. Tay's tone was laced with surprise as he muttered, "What the hell is he doing here?"

Porsche spoke, "I know we invited his parents but I didn't expect him to come with them." 

Time noticed their group and approached them, causing Kim to comment under his breath, "This reunion should be interesting."

"Hey guys," Time greeted Kinn, Porsche, and Kim first before turning to Tay. "Hi, Tay." he nods at him. Tay reciprocated with a simple nod of his own.

Kinn couldn't help but express his surprise, "Didn't expect that you'll come,"

"Well, my parents couldn't make it because my father was unwell, and his mother insisted I attend on their behalf." Time explained. Tay sighed, clearly conflicted about Time's unexpected appearance.

"Did you come with your wife? Where is she?" Porsche asks. Time sighs before he answers "My wife and I have been separated for half a year and we're in the process of finalizing our divorce. It should be final by next month. She and our child are currently in London." he explains.