Chapter Nine

A/N: This chapter tells the story of how Vegas and Tay got together and how things ended between them. If you're not into that, feel free to move on to the next chapter.

---

Around 13 years ago...

The soft ambiance of the exclusive bar enveloped Tay as he approached Kinn and Porsche's booth. Kinn, wrapped up in conversation with Porsche, looked up and grinned when he saw Tay. "Hey, you finally made it!" Kinn exclaimed.

Tay offered a half-smile in return. "Yeah, well, I didn't want your brother dragging me out. Threats work, apparently."

Kinn chuckled, motioning for Tay to join them. "Better hang out with us than P'Khun, right?"

As Tay settled into the booth, the young and handsome waiter approached. "What can I get you to drink?" he asked.

Tay thought for a moment before replying, "I'll take some whiskey, please." The waiter smiles at Tay before leaving. 

Kinn, with an almost victorious tone, said, "See? Hanging out with us is the right choice." Eyeing the young waiter again.

Porsche playfully elbowed Kinn. "Stop teasing Khun Tay, Kinn." Kinn just grins at Porsche before kissing his lover's shoulder. Tay rolled his eyes, noticing Kinn's gestures at Porsche while his hand was on Porsche's shoulder. "Great, I'm third-wheeling you two now."

Kinn laughed, and Porsche joined in. "Now you know how it felt when I was third-wheeling you and Time back then," Kinn teased.

Tay sighed, but a small smile lingered on his lips. "Fair enough."

The waiter returned with Tay's drink, and Kinn, with a satisfied grin, said, "To us finally hanging out!"

After a sip of whiskey, Kinn leaned in, dropping a bombshell. "By the way, Time reached out to me."

Tay's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Really? What did he want?"

Kinn shook his head, "I didn't bother finding out. Figured you wouldn't want me talking to him."

Tay sighed, "Kinn, you don't have to cut ties with him just because we broke up. He's still your friend."

Kinn looked at Tay seriously. "Tay, you've been my best friend since grade school. I'll always side with you."

Tay smiled, appreciating the loyalty. "Thanks, Kinn."

Suddenly, a familiar face approached their table – Vegas. He greeted Kinn, then Porsche, and finally turned his attention to Tay. "Hey there," he said with a grin.

Kinn raised an eyebrow. "What are you doing here, Vegas?"

Vegas shrugged, looking a bit bored. "Macau's busy with computer games, and I needed to get out. Mind if I join you guys?"

Kinn exchanged glances with Porsche before reluctantly agreeing. Vegas took a seat next to Tay, surprising everyone.

"Hi again," Vegas greeted Tay with a smile. "You're looking great, by the way."

"Uh, thanks," Tay responded, feeling a bit awkward.

Vegas signaled the waiter for scotch, then turned to Tay. "So, how've you been? And where's P'Time?"

Porsche gasped, Kinn clicked his tongue disapprovingly, "I'm sorry, Tay. Vegas didn't know,"

"It's okay," Tay assured Kinn before looking back at Vegas and explaining, "Time and I are over. He's married because he got someone pregnant."

Vegas, realizing he was out of the loop, apologized, "I'm sorry, P'Tay. I didn't know. I lost my memories three months ago. Sorry for asking."

"No worries," Tay replied with a calm smile.