Chapter Fifteen

Pete was pacing back and forth in his bedroom as Seoul and Venice were sleeping, his frustration palpable in the air around him. It had been two weeks since Vegas was discharged from the hospital, and Pete hadn't seen him since that last visit.

As far as Pete knew, Vegas was back to his usual self now. Macau had practically begged his brother to use a car and had a driver for the time being. The ten days Vegas spent in the hospital had thrown a wrench into a lot of meetings and important transactions, leaving Vegas swamped with work and responsibilities.

Even the kids were starting to ask about their Uncle Vegas, their innocent voices tinged with worry. Only Porsche and Pete could offer them any reassurance, telling them Vegas was just busy. Pete tried reaching out to Vegas, sending messages asking how he was doing, but all he got in return were short, curt replies.

Pete missed Vegas more than he cared to admit. But it was hard to reconcile that feeling with Vegas's distant behavior. For someone who claimed to love him, Vegas had a strange way of showing it. A pang of fear gripped Pete's heart at the thought that maybe Vegas had given up on him, resigned to the idea that they should only ever be friends.

As annoyed as Pete felt with Vegas's behavior, he couldn't help but turn the blame inward. Maybe if he had been more honest with Vegas about his own feelings, things wouldn't be so strained between them now. The weight of his own regrets bore down on Pete's shoulders as he wondered how to bridge the growing chasm between him and the man he loved.

Then, it's been a month since the last time Pete saw Vegas. Pete stood there at Tankhun's fancy tea party, but his mind was somewhere else entirely. Tankhun and the gang were all bustling around, enjoying their tea and sweets, while Pete was lost in a fog of thoughts about Vegas. Tankhun, ever observant, noticed Pete's distant demeanor and prodded him gently.

"Hey, Pete, could you pass me those napkins?" Tankhun asked, trying to draw Pete out of his reverie.

Pete didn't respond, lost in the labyrinth of his own mind. Tankhun glanced over at him, seeing the furrow in his brow, the distant look in his eyes. He knew something was up.

"Hey, Pete!" Arm called out, snapping Pete back to reality. "Khun Noo said to pass him some napkins" Arm said

Pete shook his head slightly, trying to shake off the fog that had enveloped him. He grabbed the napkins and handed them to Tankhun, but his mind was still elsewhere. Tankhun wasn't about to let it slide.

"What's eating you, Pete?" Tankhun asked, concern evident in his voice.

Pete tried to brush it off, "Nothing, Khun Noo,". Tankhun wasn't buying it. He knew Pete well enough to know when something was bothering him, and he wasn't about to let it slide.

"Come on, Pete, spill it," Tankhun urged.

"It's really nothing, Khun Noo," Pete said.

Tankhun sighs, "Is it Vegas?"

Pete's eyes widen. Was he that obvious?

"It is Khun Vegas," Arm points out. Pol nods in agreement. 

"It's not," Pete defensively said. 

"Come sit here, Pete," Tankhun pats the space on the sofa he's sitting at. Pete obediently followed his boss' order and sat down.

"Tell me, Pete. I will listen and won't judge you," Tankhun assures Pete.

Pete hesitated for a moment before finally opening up. He confessed about Vegas's confession weeks ago, how he had initially pushed him away out of fear of ruining their friendship, only to realize later that he might have feelings for Vegas too. But now, Vegas seemed to be avoiding him, and Pete was left feeling confused and uncertain about what to do.