Chapter Sixteen

Pete's heart raced a little faster as they pulled up to the minor family mansion. Today was a special day, a playdate for his children, Venice and Seoul, with Rome. He glanced at his kids in the rearview mirror, reassuring them with a smile, though he could feel his own nerves jangling.

As they stepped out of the car, Pete helped Venice and Seoul out, one by one. They were greeted by Vegas. Pete felt a rush of blood on his cheeks upon seeing his boyfriend. Boyfriend. He and Vegas were boyfriends. He still couldn't believe that they were really dating now.

"Hey there," Pete said, trying to ease his nerves with a friendly greeting.

"Hey, Pete," Vegas replied with a grin, his eyes twinkling. He scooped up Venice, who was already bounding towards him, and Pete lifted Seoul into his arms.

"Hey, buddy. Ready to play with Rome?" Vegas asked Venice. Venice nodded enthusiastically, "Yes! We also bought snacks! Rome will like it. It has strawberries!"

"That's awesome!" Vegas replied energetically before looking back at Pete.

"Thanks for having us," Pete said, feeling a bit more at ease.

"Of course. Seeing these two play with Rome is a simple pleasure for me," Vegas smiled as he patted Seoul's hair affectionately, "Hey, Princess,"

Seoul giggled and hid her face in the crook of Pete's neck.

Venice giggled, "The princess is shy!"

"She is," Vegas agreed, "Macau, Cherry, and Rome are waiting inside. Let's head in."

Pete nodded, grateful for Vegas's hospitality. As they entered the mansion, Pete mentioned the dessert he had brought.

"Ohh! We brought some treats for everyone. It's in the passenger seat in front of the car. Rome can have it since it wasn't too sweet," Pete said, hoping it would be a welcome addition to the gathering.

"Ah, that's thoughtful of you. I'll take care of it," Vegas replied with a smile. "I have a feeling Macau will be more excited to see Venice and Seoul than Rome."

Pete chuckled, knowing how much Macau adored children. He followed Vegas into Rome's playroom, where the kid and his parents were waiting.

Venice wasted no time in greeting Macau and Cherry before heading to Rome, who was playing with a toy car, to poke his cheek to greet him. Rome immediately giggled and mumbled Venice's name, calling him Ven-ven, and Pete watched with pride as his son interacted with the younger boy. Seoul soon joined in, and Pete couldn't help but smile at the sight of the children playing together.

"Thank you for inviting us," Pete said to Macau and Cherry.

"I'm glad you came, P'Pete. It's sad that the twins caught a fever. But I told P'Porsche that we will have play dates with them when they are better," Macau said. Pete agreed.

"Venice is really good with babies," Cherry remarked to Pete as they watched the kids.

"He sure is," Vegas agreed, "Let's sit."

Cherry and Macau sat down on the sofa while Pete sat in an armchair, and Vegas sat on the armrest of the armchair Pete sat in. He placed his hand on Pete's shoulder. Pete looked up at Vegas. Vegas smiled at him before kissing the top of Pete's head. Macau and Cherry looked at each other and smiled. Seeing how domesticated and cute Vegas and Pete were together made them happy.

"Do you want drinks, P'Pete?" Macau asked Pete.

"Water will do," Pete timidly said.

Just then, Vegas remembered the dessert Pete had mentioned.