Chapter Eleven

Rome's birthday party was in full swing, the vibrant atmosphere filled with laughter and excitement. The host, a cheerful woman in a colorful dress, took the center stage, holding a microphone.

"Hello, everyone! I hope you're having a fantastic time. Today is a special day as we celebrate Rome's birthday, and to make it even more magical, we have a fantastic magician who's going to mesmerize us with some incredible tricks!"

As the applause echoed through the venue, the spotlight shifted to the magician, a charismatic figure with a top hat and a cape. The children gathered around the stage, their eyes wide with anticipation. Among them was Vegas, standing at a distance, watching the show intently.

At a nearby table, Tay joined Kinn, Porsche, and Tankhun. Tay saw Vegas standing nearby, watching the magic show by himself. On the other hand, Pete, standing on the side of the crowd, held Seoul, who was eagerly watching the magic show.

At that moment, Vegas couldn't ignore the tension in the air. Tay's assumptions about his relationship with Pete bothered him. He had no romantic interest in Pete, but Tay's disapproval lingered. Despite this, Vegas values the growing friendship between Pete and him.

The magician began the performance, and the children were captivated by the illusions. Meanwhile, some adults, including Tay, engaged in conversations in their seats. 

After the magician's dazzling display, the host invited Rome, Macau, and Cherry to the stage for the gift-opening ceremony. The children cheered as the trio excitedly unwrapped presents.

Among the gifts that were picked by Macau is Pete's gift. When Macau opened it, the room echoed with joy. It was the building set and the Baby Shark plushie. The Baby Shark plushie captured Rome's attention, and he hugged it tightly. Pete glanced back at Vegas, who acknowledged the success of the chosen gift with a nod.

Meanwhile, Tay's annoyance grew evident as he observed the silent exchange between Vegas and Pete. Feeling the need for a distraction, he signaled a passing staff member.

"Hey, can you get me a whiskey?" Tay requested, his impatience evident.

The staff member politely explained that alcohol would only be served later in the evening. Tay sighed in frustration, and Kinn, noticing his friend's mood, questioned him.

"What's eating at you, Tay?" Kinn inquired, concern etched on his face.

Tay brushed it off, "Nothing," but Kinn was not buying it, "You've been in a foul mood since you got here. Something's not right. What's wrong?"

Finally, Tay sighed and asked if they could step outside for a smoke. Kinn agreed, and they left the table, leaving Porsche and Tankhun behind.

As the two friends walked away, Tankhun couldn't help but smirk. 

"Why are you smirking, Khun Noo?" Porsche asks.

"Someone's jealous," Tankhun declared; a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Porsche, skeptical, asked, "Jealous? Who?"

Tankhun confidently asserted, "Tay. He's jealous of Pete and Vegas's friendship."

Porsche scoffed at the idea, dismissing Tankhun's claim. "That's impossible. Besides, Vegas and Pete are just friends."

However, Tankhun, confident in his observation, added a playful wager. "I'd give you one of my bars if I'm wrong." Tankhun raised an eyebrow at Porsche before looking again at the gift opening scene in front of them.

At that moment, Kinn and Tay made their way to the balcony of the minor family mansion, offering a bird's-eye view of the lively party below. Kinn reached into his pocket, pulled out a pack of cigarettes, and offered one to Tay.