LOVM-Night Ravens_chapter_02

(Council chamber)

Uriel: And you saw it?

Krieg: the beast is a blue dragon, sire. Only a few of us managed to escape.

Uriel: My gods. Allura, you've dealt with such creatures in the past. How do we fight it?

Allura: that was a red dragon, years ago. But in my experience, dragons are fiercely intelligent, calculating creatures. Their machinations run deep.

Fince enters the council meeting.

Krieg: Ah, Sir Fince finally joins us. I hope this crisis hasn't kept you from skulking.

Fince: I've been gathering intelligence we sorely lack. Seems your band of fools have gone missing(Smirk), Safe to say you've sent Vox Machina and Night Ravens to their doom?

Scanlan: Doom? We don't know the meaning of the word.

Grog: Uh, I certainly don't.

Cly'Hana: (Roll her eyes) Oh Grog.

Scanlan: (Smirks) Sovereign, hold on to your goddamn crown. We've discovered that the monster is none other than...a blue dragon!

All: We know.

Allura: Did you kill it?

Keyleth: I wouldn't say "kill," really.

Michael: We were barely able to scratch it.

Pike: We're still kind of working on that part.

Rexus: The outcome was beyond expectations.

Krieg: (Laughs) I can't believe you both made it out alive. How did you survive?

Scanlan: Mm, trade secret I'm afraid, Kriegy.

Percy: We hid and it flew away.

Michael smacks his head as Scanlan flips Percy.

Grog: (Laughs.) ...Wait. How did we survive that?

Cly'Hana:(whispers to Grog) from Keyleths dome of thrones, remember?

Grog: Oh...Thanks for saving us Keyleth.

Keyleth: You're welcome.

Fince: These blabbering fools are useless, sire. Perhaps if we made an offering to the dragon. Gold in exchange for peace?

Vax: Why don't we shake its hand and offer it a fucking pint while we're at it.

Kristana: Or Scanlan can lull him to sleep with one of his ballets.

Scanlan: Hey!

Vi'rillyn: Are you out of your mind!?

Vex: A dragon cannot be reasoned with. If it desires Emon's destruction, it will not relent.

Krieg: You heard them, sire. You know what must be done.

Kima: But what if it attacks the city? We'd be sitting ducks.

Uriel: What would you have me do!? Let it burn more farmland, slaughter more innocents? No, we will bring the fight to it on our terms. (To Krieg) General, you may move our soldiers at dawn.

Kima: But sire, you know as-
Uriel: I have made my decision, Lady Kima!

Rexus: My lord, with all due respect, these are dragons. They have been here longer before us and have laid waste throughout all the other realms. Sending an army would only make the situation much worse.

Uriel: It has already been decided. This council is adjourned.

Guard: All right, you heard him. Clear out.