LOVM-Night Ravens_chapter_03

Percy POV

I was having a peaceful family dinner with my family. My younger siblings were playing, my sister Cassandra was talking with the son of a family friend of ours, while the rest of us were at the table. My mother and I read one of my favorite stories together.

It was the happiest moment of my life, everything was perfect...until it happened.

One by one my family was murder in front of my eyes.

My sister and I tried to escape as far as possible, but soon she was shot by arrows on her back.

Percy: (Gasp.)

I woke up from the same nightmare in the middle of the night. I was breathing heavily as I held my neck while looking around and saw that I'm in my room at Greyskull keep.

I look to my side to see my roommate still heavily asleep, I sighed, got out of my bed and I left my room to get some fresh air but I stop by a familiar voice behind me.

Vi'rillyn: Bad dream?

Percy: Is there any other kind?

I continue to walk and leave her behind. I made my way through the keep to end up in the dining hall where I was met with Michael sitting in the dining room with a flasc and a cup in front of him.

I noticed how his entire upper body was covered in various scars ranging from deep cut to light scratchies probably from all of the brutish training and all the hellish missions he endured from being an agent of the house of shadows.

Percy: Michael?

Michael: Huh!? (Turns to see Percy) Oh Percy, sorry didn't know you were here. What are you doing up so late?

Percy: I could ask you the same?

Michael: Fair enough.

Michael and I just sat there for a good few minutes without saying anything to each other. For some reason, the silence between us was actually peaceful. So it stayed that way for a few more minutes.

Michael: ...Nightmares?

Percy: (looks to Michael)...

Michael: I'll take that as a maybe.

Percy: ...You too?

Michael: (huff) You could say that... Look, we don't have to talk about why we're having these nightmares now or why we're up late.

Michael takes his flasc, pours some into the cup and gives the cup to me.

Michael: Just one drink and we call it a night, kay?

Percy: ...(Takes the cup) Yeah.

'CLINK'

(Time skip to morning 3rd POV)