LOVM-Night Ravens_chspter_13

3rd POV:

Vex was trying to hold in her tears, she looked at the necrotic damage that continued to spread throughout Rexus body.

Vex: (begging) Rex! Stay awake, Rexus! Please, stay awake.

Vi'rillyn: I got an elixir Vex, here quickly.

Vi'rillyn handed Vex the bottle from her pouch. She poured the contents into his mouth but the black veins continued to climb up his neck.

Vex: It's not working. We're losing him!

The group could watch on as the life began to drain from their friend.

Delilah: The Whispered One did not return. We failed. It was too soon.

Percy: There's nothing to be done. Rexus is gone. But at least we have what we came for.

Percy placed his gun against Delilah's temple.

Michael: (pissed off at Percy) The fuck is wrong with you, man?! How can you say something like that!?

Vi'rillyn: (equally pissed) Rexus is still breathing, you prick!

Keyleth: Something's not right?

Keyleth limped over to Rexus, holding out her hand. She expected her glow in its usual green hue but nothing happened.

Scanlan: Uh, let me try, uh... Scanlan's hand.

Only a faint flicker of purple magic appeared before disappearing.

Scanlan: The elixir, mine and Keyelths' spells, that thing must be blocking all magic.

Scanlan points towards the spinning orb.

Vex: Damn it, he's right. Everyone, away from the orb.

Cassandra: (to Delilah) We're not done with you yet.

Cassandra spat as she grabbed Delilah by her hair dragging her as they left the ziggurat.

Vax and Michael carried Rexus down the steps of the ziggurat. All they could think about was saving their friend. However, they both had limited amounts of strength left in them. Sweat formed along their brow as they were both exerting themselves.

They took a knee to the ground, lowering their body's on it, to regain their strength.

Michael: (pants) Just hang in there a little longer Rex...we're gonna get you patched up, okay?

Then Grog came in and picked up Rexus from their arms, situating him on his own.

Grog: Hey, Easy, I got him from here.

Michael: Thanks big man.

Grog: Rex would do the same for all of us.

They finally entered back into the purification room except now they wouldn't be trapped with acid.

Scanlan: Okay, wait-wait-wait, hold up, hold up, Scanlan's hand.

A small purple hand appeared, giving a thumbs up.

Scanlan: Yes! We got magic.

Vax placed his cloak on the ground as Grog gently laid Rexus down on it.

Vex: Vi, another elixir!

Vex kneeled done next to Rexus body and motioned to her sister for another elixir. Rexus' body was covered with black veins and started to slowly spread up to his neck.

Vex: (begs) Vi, I need it, hurry!

She turned back to Vi'rillyn, who was frantically searching in her pouch.