LOVM-Night Ravens_chapter_12

3rd POV:

Fluttering her eyes open, the ringing in her ears, Keyleth forces herself up and looks out at the battle between the Briarwoods and her friends.

Percy and Michael are cornered by Sylas and Cassandra.

Laughing wickedly to herself, Delilah was attempting to smash Scanlan and Pike.

Vi'rillyn was dodging Rexus' assault, trying to stay clear of him.

Grog was still out from the blast from earlier.

Vex: (shouts) Keyleth, do something!

Keyleth forces herself to stand to her feet, leaning against her staff.

Keyleth: (mutters) I... I can't.

Vex: (begs) Please! Ugh!!

Vex begs as a dagger was lodged into her leg and arm.

Vax charges at her, summoning his daggers back to him, and dashes right behind her, both struggling as he was going through with the intent on killing her.

Taking a step, Keyleth falls over and collapses on the ground. But in her blurred state, she sees the roots that have arches onto the pillar and then suddenly remembered.

Keyleth: Sun Tree? What happened to you? So Weak.

The many years of the Sun Tree that was shown to her when the Briarwoods took over, how it withered down into near death.

How she tried to return strength to the Sun Tree, and how Kristana gave her words of wisdom that encouraged keyleth to hope to try and give the Sun Tree strength again.

(Michael and Percy VS Cassandra)

Michael and Percy were busy trying not to kill or hurt Cassandra. But with luck, she nicks at Percy's cheek and a scratch under Michaels left eye. Cassandra then charges at her brother.

With a loud growl, the smoke burst around him, making the two fling back from the sudden blast of wind.

Cassandra hits the pillar as she drops her sword and Michael smacks into the ground, getting the air knocked from his lungs.

Michael: (grunts) UGH, fuck!

Cassandra flutters her eyes open, to see the pepperbox was aimed right at her. Her frightened brother stares right at him as her name glows on the barrel.

Cassandra: So, you're going to kill your own sister?

She questions her brother, Michael props himself up as he looks back at the siblings.

Michael: Percy...

Percy: (staggering) I... I don't want to, but I...

Percy struggles to speak

Percy struggles to speak. Michael pushes himself to his feet and tries to stop them.

Cassandra gasps as she just looks at her brother in surprise.